“Well, it's a Hilton.”

Ranked #99 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Singapore, Singapore
“Well, it's a Hilton.”
Reviewed 14 January 2014

It is all you would expect from a Hilton. The bed is luxurious and I slept like a log every night. The staff are efficient and helpful (although none of them knew where I could get a chicken or country fried steak in DC). The free wifi area in the lobby was helpful and I avoided having to pay for wifi in my room. There are 4 computers in the lobby and I was able to check in for my flight and print my boarding pass. The hotel is between 2 metro stations, but it is an easy walk to DuPont Circle. Lots of restaurants on the way. And this hotel is where Ronald Reagan got shot! Obviously they don't have a sign marking the spot, but the doorman was very helpful.

On the negative side, there were no tea-making facilities, although there was a coffee percolator I was able to press-gang into action. At $20, breakfast was expensive but there are cheaper options just outside within walking distance. Also, the staff could have informed me that they were taking an extra $200 refundable deposit on my credit card for incidentals -I had to ask about the additional charge.

It was a great hotel but I might choose some place nearer a metro station next time I am in Washington in the winter. Too cold to be walking around much.

1 Thank Shunnie
Steve_Cowan_GM, General Manager at Washington Hilton, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Thank you for reviewing the Washington Hilton. So great you enjoyed a great sleep every night so you were well rested to be able to enjoy DC. We look forward to having you back on your next trip!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (639)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Charleston
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Eric, at the front desk, made me feel cared for and must have seen that I was stressed and freezing cold (after waiting 45 minutes for a taxi at Reagan in 6 degree weather). He upgraded my room and made me feel like my business trip had turned into a vacation.

1 Thank Suzanne P
Steve_Cowan_GM, General Manager at Washington Hilton, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Thanks so much for your review of the Washington Hilton! Eric is a great team member and your comments have been shared with him. It's great to read your story and I'm so glad your business trip turned into a vacation. We look forward to having you back soon!
Harare, Zimbabwe
Reviewed 10 January 2014

This hotel is situated in the heart of Washington. This Hotel is located close to trendy themed restaurants. If you are into sightseeing the tour bus stops right outside the hotel, making it your gateway to seeing Washington. Last but not least the staff are very efficient and profesional

1 Thank Mununuri M
Thanks so much for reviewing the Washington Hilton! Our location is such an advantage versus other hotels in DC. We are in a walkable neighborhood where there is so much to do and the hop on hop off bus stopping directly outside is a treat. We look forward to you staying with us again soon!
Laramie, United States
Reviewed 9 January 2014

The Washington DC Hilton on Connecticut is a great hotel in most respects except for the exceptionally loud heating unit in my room during my stay in early January. Probably nothing the staff could have done to fix the problem short of replacing the entire unit. All other aspects of the hotel were excellent, and it is located in a prime spot just north of Dupont Circle.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thanks for the review Michael. If you ever experience any issues please reach out to our managment team and we will be glad to assist. Glad you enjoyed our prime location and we look forward to having you back soon!
Graham, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 January 2014

You would never know this property was built in the late 1960's. Every aspect of the hotel--from lobby, to the rooms, to the restaurants--has been brought into the modern era. I just love this place. We choose the valet parking rate This reduced the parking cost by 50%. Well worth it. King bed with flat screen TV and stable internet. Yes, the wireless does cost, but this is true at all full service hotels. The restaurant offered a superb menu. Great filet, potatoes, crab chowder, and desserts. We would definitely stay here again. Stayed two nights on business.

Room Tip: I heard the 10th floor is the concierge level, Don't know the upgrade cost.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for reviewing the Washington Hilton! We are very happy with our $150M restoration that has indeed given our historic hotel a modern feel. Glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to hosting you again soon!
Saint Louis Park, Minnesota
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I had to make a one night trip to D.C. for an interview at this hotel. I was happy with the price, which included internet, so I booked here. I couldn't have had a better experience given the purpose of my travel. The location is great -- near lots of restaurants and the Metro -- and the service was amazing. I got a lovely corner room with a great view and a later check out time at no additional cost, both making my quick trip more comfortable. The service was excellent. My only complaint would be that the in-room coffee was not good and the breakfast food was mediocre at best. But overall I was very happy with my experience and will stay here again when in D.C.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Steve_Cowan_GM, General Manager at Washington Hilton, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Thanks so much for reviewing the Washington Hilton! We'll gladly have you back on your next trip to DC. It's fantastic you had such a great stay with us, your review made me proud!
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I had a very pleasant stay at the Washington Hilton. My room and bathroom were very clean and spacious.

There is an information centre located across the checkin counter with maps, booklets and advice on the best way to see the city. Two of the major bus tour companies stop at the hotel; the area also has a variety of cafes and restaurants if you fancy breakfast or dinner outside the hotel premises.

The only complaint I have is the attitude of the staff at the checkin desks, I found them to be somewhat disinterested and unfriendly.

All in all, I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Thanks for your review of the Washington Hilton. So happy you had a pleasant stay and that our rooms were clean and spacious. We look forward to having you back on your next trip to DC!