“Rachel the front desk supervisor was the most accommodating and helpful person I have ever had at a hotel!!!”
Review of Washington Hilton

Washington Hilton
Ranked #104 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I can not say enough about Rachel at the front desk!!! She is awesome! Also, the staff at the restaurant was so sweet! Highly, highly recommend this hotel!!!!
Thank you for a wonderful experience!!

Becky Keen
Knoxville, TN

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Bkeen126
Steve_Cowan_GM, General Manager at Washington Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Thanks you so much for reviewing the Washington Hilton, Becky! Rachel is an excellent team member and your comments have been shared. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to write and recognize her; and your high recommendation of our hotel. We look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to DC!

Reviewed 28 March 2014

The Washington Hilton is a big hotel - a very big hotel, and that can mean that the bar and restraurant areas can be quite, er, boisterous. But you wouldn't really know it once you get to your room. I stayed on the Hilton Honors Floor, and it was quiet, the room was well-appointed, and access to wifi was part of the package I signed up for (it is free to all in the lobby). In short, good all rounder.

2  Thank AndrewFoxRussel

Thank you for reviewing the Washington Hilton. Glad you enjoyed your recent stay and found our rooms very comfortable. We look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to DC!

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I usually stay at the Capital Hilton in DC but chose the Washington Hilton instead as it was closer to the conference venue that I was attending. The staff on the front desk could not have been more helpful, I was given an auto upgrade to the Exec floor as a Hhonors Gold member and stayed in room 10-113. The room was fine for the duration of the stay, clean and comfortable with the single exception of the "transparent" walls between the rooms. It was impossible to ignore the voices and other activities(!) of occupants on either side, the air-con was so loud that even when it kicked-in next door, it woke me up. I had to turn the aircon off overnight in my room to try and get some sleep.

There was a very large delegation of the American Legion who dominated all aspects of the hotels infrastructure, at one point you could not move in the Exec lounge as about 20 of them turned up at once for breakfast. Similarly the bar was nearly overwhelmed on several evenings.

The staff in the Exec lounge were delightful especially the gentlemen serving the drinks, whose name I did not catch.

The water pressure in the room was odd, in that the taps to the basin had little flow or pressure at all, whereas the shower had really good pressure. Watch out for the temperature of the water though, on the day I left when I showered a little later (at 0730) than usual, there was only barely tepid water whereas it had been perfectly ok when showering at 0630 the rest of the week.

Would I come back, yes if there was a need, otherwise I would probably use the Capitol Hilton which despite being older is my preference.

2  Thank Tony D

Thank you so much for reviewing the Washington Hilton! Your comments specifically about our staff make me very proud. I hope you will give us another opportunity on your next trip to DC!

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I was only there for one night. The view from the room was the Washington Monument and because I paid extra over the $217 for the room I was on a high floor and had a nice view. The hotel is older but so is most of Washington D.C. The check in was very easy and very quick. The room service was good, but very expensive. The meeting rooms are very nice and met our needs.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a city view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. It is important to us that all our guests feel they received a great value for their stay whether travelling on business or for pleasure. The rooms with the Washington Monument are one of the most popular rooms in our hotel and I am very glad that you were able to enjoy the great view! We encourage you to return to the hotel on your next trip to DC!

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Beautiful hotel, excellent staff, nice location, great conference area. I don't understand why they have a main ballroom that is accessible only by stairs. They have added a chair lift on one side of the room but stairs everywhere. My one issue continues to be that WiFi is a fee in the room and now they have added upload and download limits in the guest rooms. I assume they figure businesses will pay for WiFi but our group was several hundred volunteers many of whom paid their own way. I don't understand any hotel that still charges for WiFi!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to review the Washington Hilton. It's great to read you enjoyed so many things about our hotel. I would like to apologize for not providing information about our lobby elevators that go down to the International Ballroom. We hope you will give us another opportunity the next time you are in DC.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

This hotel is functional. It is not gorgeous and its halls are dated. However, the lobby proves to be perfect for the business traveler and family traveler alike. The days we were there, there was an American Legion conference so that piled up traffic in the coffee bar and the elevators. But even so, we appreciated the free wifi zone and the free access to computers and a printer. The gentleman at the travel desk helped us arrange car service within moments, which I very much appreciated. If you want 5 star elegance, go elsewhere. If you want a functional hotel perfect for a business traveler, pick here.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Steve_Cowan_GM, General Manager at Washington Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Thank you for reviewing the Washington Hilton. Glad you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel to be a perfect fit for your needs. We look forward to welcoming you again on your next trip to DC!

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I will preface this review by saying that I am usually a Marriott or Intercontinental person but I was forced to stay here for a work meeting SO, I used it as a chance to challenge or confirm my allegiance to other brands. They did have a good location and modern feel that I liked. I travel for work often and am a pretty heavy sleeper; however, I was woken up multiple times due to people in adjourning rooms watching TV and talking on the phone and I heard people singing in the shower so clear, they were in my bathroom. My biggest gripe was that they tried to charge me $10 daily for using the gym - I have never heard of a hotel charging for use of their gym, especially one this small - I had to wait for equipment every morning. They should definitely not allow people locals to utilize the gym unless they add a lot more space and equipment. In conclusion, I'll continue to stick with my regular chains...

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review of your recent stay. We strive for personalized experience for each of our guests and offer enhanced services for comfort and convenience. I appreciate your review as it provides feedback that I need to re-evaluate guest needs and make the necessary adjustments to our offerings.