“Nice hotel”

Ranked #99 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

The Washington Hilton is really well placed to easily get into DC and see the sights. Dupont Circle is up and coming with some lovely bars and restaurants.
The hotel was clean, the staff were lovely and the bars and restaurants were great.
It's a very busy hotel, but this didn't affect our stay.
The only niggle I had was that you could only get WIFI in the lobby and not your room - not great when you're trying to Face Time the children in a noisy lobby!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mazaanne
Steve_Cowan_GM, General Manager at Washington Hilton, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you for reviewing the Washington Hilton. I am so glad that you enjoyed your recent stay. We hope to see you again on your return trip to DC.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (623)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

As a Hilton Diamond I expect the best out of the chain. I've stayed at everything from Hampton Inns to prestige properties. On arrival their computers were down and it was a mess. They "upgraded" my room and it was tiny. At a true Hilton I expect nothing but the best and this was not it.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Francisco P
Steve_Cowan_GM, General Manager at Washington Hilton, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I am very sorry that we were not able to exceed your expectations. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we improve our on-property guest experience. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

We decided to stay at the Washington Hilton because it was close to where we were meeting friends. We used to live in the neighborhood and knew that they had recently undergone a renovation. The hotel and the staff itself were great, but I don't think we will EVER use the valet services again. We called 20 minutes before our departure to ensure that our car was waiting for us when we got downstairs, which it was. However, the problem was that one of the valet attendants was in possession of our keys (to the locked car) and was retrieving another car. 5-10 minutes maximum is what we were promised and over 30 minutes later, we were still waiting to get our keys so that we could leave. I was disgusted by this as we still paid $46 plus tips for the valet service and were late to a special Father's Day/Birthday celebration in VA.

Again, the hotel was lovely and we would stay there again, but we will never use the valet service as it just is not reliable. We were very disappointed by that fact.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the far corner of the hotel to see great views of the Washington Monument and othe...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ashley S
Steve_Cowan_GM, General Manager at Washington Hilton, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you for your review. Your satisfaction is very important to us, and we appreciate your feedback. Our management team will address these issues and we hope you’ll consider staying with us again the next time you travel to DC.
Greenwood Village, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

We made our reservation 3 months in advance w/the Hilton Washington (DC) to have an Exec. level room with a king bed. On arrival: "Sorry. We're out of those rooms." They put us in a small, undistinguished room and "allowed" us to use the Exec.level amenities. When asked for a price break on the $299 rate, the answer was an adamant "no." I am a member of Hilton Honors, but I'm not sure that the word "Honor" is in Hilton's vocabulary

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Dan C
Thank you for your review. I would like to apologize for not meeting your requested room type. We strive to accommodate all reservations to the best of our ability. I am very happy that we were able to "make it right" for you during your stay. We value your continued loyalty as a Hilton Honors member and hope you will give us another opportunity on your future trip to DC.
Washington DC, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

The price is too high for what one expects to find at Hilton. The habitude to add taxes at the end, to get tips or gratuity everywhere and the fact that breakfast and internet FREE access is not included is awful . You should learn from Europe, Europe is miles ahead in this field!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with your stay. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we improve our on-property guest experience. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.
Columbia, SC, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

This hotel was wonderful! The room was clean and the staff was very friendly. I loved the location as it was convenient to many places to eat and shop while on my trip. The first night I arrived I ate in one of the hotel's restaurants and the food was delicious. A+ Hotel!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Steve_Cowan_GM, General Manager at Washington Hilton, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thanks for the great review! We are so proud when our guests have such an excellent stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Lusby, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

I have been a Hilton Honors member since 2009 and have stayed at this hotel multiple times. My husband and I stayed here this past weekend (June 20-22, 2014) and had a great time. The check-in was easy, the room was clean and on a top floor, and in easy access of public transportation. We had booked a room with valet parking included and confirmed this upon check-in. Today (June 22), I received my "Express Check-out Hilton Honors Bill" and noticed that I was charged for 2 days of valet parking at $46/day. I was quite disturbed that this charge was on my bill, but I decided to give the hotel the benefit of the doubt. I decided to call the hotel to have the bill fixed, but it took me 6-7 phone calls to finally talk to someone about my bill. At that point, I felt like I was doing all of the work, while some H&TM student stood behind the desk and chatted with their fellow employees. I give the young man credit at the front desk (the ONLY person available to talk to at the hotel- no managers, no accounting, etc.) for handling the phone call professionally. I spent 30 minutes of my day trying to have ~$100 taken off of my hotel bill, which should have never been there if the hotel would actually pay attention to the hotel rates they offer their customers. Guests be aware to any "pre-rated rooms," this hotel will go out of their way to charge your for what you already paid for your in your room-rate. I have have stayed at countless Hilton brand resorts throughout the country, and I will NEVER stay at one again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nuclear_Engineer_21
Thank you for your review. We sincerely apologize for all of the inconveniences you encountered while trying to resolve your bill. We appreciate your comments and we will address our staff to ensure that the necessary improvements are made. Again, we are very sorry and if there is anything we can do for you, please let me know. We truly value your loyalty to Hilton and would love to have an opportunity to make a better impression.