“Horrendous service”

Price range: US$15 - US$20
Denver, Colorado
“Horrendous service”
Reviewed 9 November 2008

My husband and I love to try new restaurants, particularly our local ones. We rarely get to go out so every dining experience counts. We found Station 9 to be one of the worst dining experiences we have ever had. Granted, we only made it to our appetizer (grilled calamari), so I can't speak a whole lot for the food (that particular appetizer was delicious). The place feels frazzled. The waitstaff runs around aimlessly, the chef is out conversing with the patrons (who is cooking?), while you wait, in our case, 45 minutes and still no entree. The most appalling part of the evening is when the waiter brought out our bottle of wine (not the one we originally ordered because they were out) and left it on the table UNOPENED for 10 minutes. While we sat there and stared at our unopened bottle of wine, we were in awe. Where did he go? Finally another staff member noticed us and came and opened the bottle. We never did get our entrees - we explained to the waiter that we were trying to catch a show and despite him putting a "rush" on it, after 45 minutes we had to abandon it. Overall the restaurant makes you feel alone and abandoned. I would not recommend it at any cost - particularly with so many other wonderful dining experiences in DC. I'm not quite sure how they are still in business.

DC
“Dreadful Experience”
Reviewed 6 May 2008

Salesperson Event Planner Monique Brown

VIP Service
Purchase Value $300.00
Disputed Value $49.09

*Explanation On Friday, May 2, 2008 I hosted an event at Station 9 using their VIP Lounge service. This included 2 bottles of champagne which arrived 30 minutes after we did and glasses which arrived 20 minutes after the champagne. When one of my friends inquired about the service she was asked to leave. The music was not working properly in the room. Then to top it all off they charged $49.09 on top of the $300 for tip which I did not authorize and have a receipt to prove it. The y have horrible customer service!

I am not even worried about the $300 that I paid for the crap I received. I am just not tipping someone who didn't do anything.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“had dinner there on saturday night, and while the food tasted pretty good, the service and scene were just 'ok'. The...”
Reviewed 16 March 2008

had dinner there on saturday night, and while the food tasted pretty good, the service and scene were just 'ok'. The wine servings are SUPER small (could not have been a full 6oz pour for the minimum of $7-$8 per glass...) food perhaps a bit simple for the price. With SO many great fun places in the neighborhood, i'd only recommend this place if you simply CAN'T get a reservation anywhere else.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Washington, DC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the most disappointing experiences I've had in a long time. The decor is great- really got my expectations up...”
Reviewed 28 January 2008

One of the most disappointing experiences I've had in a long time. The decor is great- really got my expectations up- but the service was terrible. It took 1.5 hours after our order for the food to come- not kidding. After we complained several times to the manager, the waitress was still completely blasee and hardly acknowledged the problem (maybe she noticed the tiny tip?). When the food arrived, my roasted bass was pretty good, but my partner's shrimp were almost inedible. Friends at another table got roasted chicken that was undercooked and bloody inside. Unbelievable!

Maryland
“Excellent Food and Decor”
Reviewed 17 January 2008

Station 9 is definitely a welcomed addition to U Street. The food here is very good. I visited during restaurant week but chose to order off the regular dinner menu. Station 9 is an old post office building and their drink menu follows through with postal themed drinks

The peanut chicken with chile greens and jasmine rice was very good. I was afraid it would be too "peanuty" and actual have bits of peanut but it was a chicken thigh and leg with a creamy spicy peanut sauce. The chipotle shrimp is spicy with a very good flavor but was a bit salty. The BBQ chicken platter is enough to share between two people. The dining room is quiet but business definitely picked up during dinner. The lounge open on the weekends is probably popular as well.