Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC/New York Avenue
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
  • Pool
All reviewsunion stationcheese omelettesshuttle only runsshuttle service isfront deskmorning and eveningfree hot breakfastmini refrigeratormarriott brandhard boiled eggsthe breakfast areayogurthotel location isking suitei highly recommend this hotelstayed here for one nightthe entire hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

We brought our kids to Washington DC. On a budget we stayed here. We had two rooms attached. It was great for the price. Not far from the city at all. Took our car and parked at Union Station for the day and took mass transit from there. The rooms were clean and the morning breakfast was great. Staff was so nice. Pool was small but so what. Kids loved it

• Stayed: March 2013
Sarah G, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC/New York Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Dear Guest; Thank you for your wonderful review. We are proud of every star we receive from our guests and thank you for giving us 5! We are pleased to see that you and your family had a great stay. We appreciate the compliments on the service, value, cleanliness, breakfast and glad your kids had fun at the pool. That's a great tip to let our guests know they can park at Union Station for the day, thanks for passing that on. We do have a courtesy shuttle that runs on a limited schedule to and from Union Station, if you'd like to leave your car with us next time. Just sign up for the shuttle upon arrival and we'll take you there and bring you back. Our last pick up is at 8:00pm during the week, we do not have a mid day pick up though.

Thank you again for your business. It was our pleasure having you and your family with us. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

Pros - lobby was big, good breakfast

Cons -Key card did not work to our room on 5th floor. Once problem was fixed went to room and it wasn't clean. Tv had sound, but no picture. The whirlpool didn't work. Shuttle was available to Union Station, but had no afternoon hours available. I had trouble believing this is a category 5 hotel for Marriott.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Sarah G, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC/New York Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2013

Dear Guest; I'd like to thank you for sharing your review with the hotel. All guest feedback is important and welcome as it helps us focus on the areas that need improvement and lets us know where we are doing well. Thank you for bringing to our attention that the TV and whirlpool wasn't working properly so we can have maintenance make the necessary repairs. The courtesy shuttle does run several times daily on a limited schedule, we found a majority of our guests were in town during the day so we stopped offering mid day services, we apologize for the inconvenience that may have caused you and your family. Our goal is always provide excellent service and we did not live up our high standards with your stay. Please accept our sincere apologies that your stay was not 100% enjoyable and you were faced with many difficulties as our guest. Thank you again for the business.

Reviewed 12 May 2013

I would like to compliment Kerry for answering all of my questions about the facility before I decided to stay here. She was patient and explained what I could expect from my stay. I was very impressed and decided to stay. When I arrived Carolyn greeted me with a smile, welcome and all the details of the services offered by the hotel. I felt at home. Kerry also came out of her office to welcome me, too! The room was very spacious and very clean. I slept well. The next morning, I had a healthy breakfast and was greeted by Chris as I left to enjoy my day in DC. I will definatly stay here again and will recommend to family and friends. Thanks, Kerry and the rest of the staff for making my stay such a positive experience.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Yvonne Y
Sarah G, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC/New York Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

Dear Guest; Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us. We take great pride in our hotel and providing exceptional customer service is our number one priority. We are so pleased that you mentioned you felt like you were home! We strive to make our guests feel right at home and we couldn't be happier that it showed from the moment you called to after your arrival as well. I will certainly pass along the wonderful compliments you shared with Keri, Carolyn and Chris and thank you for recognizing their customer service personally. We look forward to welcoming you back one day and thank you again for the 5 star review and for chosing to stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington DC/New York Ave. It was our pleasure having you!

Reviewed 7 May 2013

I just want to say that I have never had better "Customer service" anywhere in my life.
The staff is the friendliest staff of any hotel I have ever visited, they all had big smiles, good mornings, and can I help you ?
Yes, this hotel is a bit outside of DC... but after ONE day of driving in DC, we were so appreciative of the hotel shuttel... It was clean, friendly, and right on time... about a 7 min ride to Union station, hop on the metro to your choice of destinations, or walk to the mall...It was VERY easy !!! and not having to worry about finding parking was priceless !!
The continetal breakfast, was WAY more than an orange and some milk, it was waffles, sausage, eggs, fresh fruit... etc..... The managers were so friendly it really did make it seem as though they CARED about your stay....and about your visit, I heard them ask everyone how thier day was, did they need anything, any tips about what to see... etc....
Yeah, the rooms were SPOTLESS.... but honeslty, thats not what impressed me... it was the people who worked there.....
Well played...Managers....well played......your employees are all excellent, your drivers are excellent, I would be back in an instant.....thank you for actually CARING about the people before the buck.... The Johnsons from Michigan.....

Room Tip: take the shuttle.... :)
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Sarah G, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC/New York Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

Dear Guest; On behalf of the entire team at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington DC/ New York Ave, we'd like to thank you very much for the fantastic review! Our team is always looking for ways to improve upon our customer service and I will certainly let them know that the efforts were very well received by you and your family. We are so pleased to see that you enjoyed the new and improved breakfast that Fairfield Inn just launched a short time ago. Thank you again for staying with us, we glad you were able to take advantage of our shuttle and had a great time with us while touring Washington DC. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 16 April 2013

We arrived late and Evan at the front desk was extremely helpful. He gave us materials regarding what's free in DC and explained in detail regarding the shuttle services and how we could navigate the area. He just made us so welcomed.

The room was nice with comfortable beds, the hotel location is a bit off the center and I wish you will have shuttles starting running earlier in the afternoon. Overall, a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank hellofoodie
Sarah G, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Washington, DC/New York Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

Dear Guest; Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We appreciate you personally recognizing Evan in your review and will certainly let him know his customer service and friendly attitude was well received. We have been discussing ways to improve upon the shuttle schedule in an effort to be more efficient for our guests, and we are still working out the details. We are very pleased to know you enjoyed your stay and thank you again for your business. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit Washington DC.