Kimpton Donovan Hotel
US$503
US$458
The Watergate
  • Pool
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
US$343
US$303
  • Breakfast included
US$193
US$187
  • Pool
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
US$499
US$278
Agoda.com
US$355
US$265
Official Website
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$254
  • Pool
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
US$255
Hotelpower.com
1,811 results
All reviewsthomas circlerooftop poolspiral showerwine hourzentan restaurantfront desksoaking tubchocolate covered strawberrieswhite houseyoga matbottle of champagnemini barlogan circleboutique hotelwater pressureupon checkthe entire staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 July 2013

First time staying here and I think it might be the best kimpton in dc. Good service and location is nice....so close to DuPont, downtown and 14th street. Comfortable beds, good bathroom, etc. ran outside so didn't see the gym, but pool is nice. Zentan, the restaurant isn't great. Ok for a drink, much more and you'll be disappointed. Ask for a room facing the circle.

Room Tip: Room facing the circle...1210 is awesome
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank simnznc06
Abe L, Assistant General Manager at Kimpton Donovan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Hi simnznc06,

Thanks for your TripAdvisor review.

Best in DC! That's awesome. It's great to be recognized period, but best amongst the best group of Hotels is just great.

Can we be besties?

Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

I was surprised with a weekend in DC.. And what a grand surprise it was!!

1. Room decor is clean, crisp and spacious. Beds are comfortable.

2. Pool is sexy, but small.. But the frozen drinks and view is to die for!!-- met some nice people here too!!

3. Close to "capital bikeshare" stop and major landmarks....

Look for steep weekend discounts on Priceline or hotels.com.

• Stayed: July 2013
Abe L, Assistant General Manager at Kimpton Donovan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Hi Tee_Malc,

Thanks so much for your review.

Sounds like an awesome stay. Loved that you shared some of your favorite points. I totally get you being bummed about parking. Truth is, parking can be very expensive in DC, because space is always at a minimum. You could chance it with garages and street parking, but that's a whole other can of worms (closed, no overnight access, etc.).

Reviewed 21 July 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here a few days ago. I left my purse in the rooftop bar overnight. Two staff members, Tyrone and Mark, went out of their way to help me search the area -- it was still there -- obviously, a bar staff with integrity as well. Besides the beautiful contemporary look of the rooms and the rooftop bar, it is so comforting to find staff who truly are service-focused and have real integrity. This is the place to stay in D.C.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi Rachel H,

Thanks for your review of my Hotel.

Integrity in a bar? AWESOME! Thanks for sharing your lost and found story. Mark and Tyrone are couple of great guys that very fortunately have on my team.

Reviewed 20 July 2013

Got a terrific deal through Priceline. Even though the rate we paid was considerably less than the standard rate, we still received excellent treatment from the staff. We asked for, and received, a room on a high floor and were even upgraded from a queen to a king. Room was spacious and clean. Very convenient location, with a Metro stop only 2 blocks away. Parked the car in their adjacent garage and explored for the entire day. As the title says, a great night's stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi The5glads,

Thanks for reviewing my Hotel.

We are family! I've got all my......well you know the rest of the song. Doesn't matter where you book your reservation, what matters is that you've chosen our Hotel. All of our guests receive awesome service.

Reviewed 20 July 2013

I love Kimpton hotels - and still do - maybe cos the standard is so high I expected too much and was a little disappointed with this hotels impersonal touch. I stayed here for 4 nights in June 2013 by myself - luckily cos the room - although really comfortable and clean -was super small and two of us would have been very cramped!
Location is great - close to some nice restaurants - the White House and the subway.
I noticed when I checked in (along side 2 couples) they were offered the mini bar key and I wasn't? Singletons beware! I asked for the key later even though I didn't want it - it was a matter of principal!
I was advised the Internet cost - even though it doesn't as a Kimpton member -and when I asked how to get to Georgetown was advised "taxi" by the front desk - luckily the doorman overheard this advice and gave proper directions - use the circulator or subway.
In conclusion loved the decor and style and the location but those personal touches i expect from kimpton are a bit lacking.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Abe L, Assistant General Manager at Kimpton Donovan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Hi mollybairn,

Thanks for your review of my Hotel.

I too am used to a high level of personal service provided by Kimpton. Looks like this didn't happen during your stay and I am very sorry. I've already sent this out to my team, because I know they also want to do better. I've been with Kimpton for some time and believe strongly in guest feedback. It has often times shaped the services in many Hotels that I have been apart of. I will ensure these comments do the same.