Kimpton Donovan Hotel
US$503
US$458
The Watergate
  • Pool
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
US$268
US$228
Fairmont.com
  • Restaurant
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
US$280
US$253
  • Breakfast included
US$148
US$237
US$194
  • Restaurant
Omni Shoreham Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$149
  • Restaurant
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
US$228
US$194
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
US$193
US$165
  • Room Service
Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$196
1,810 results
All reviewsthomas circlerooftop poolspiral showerwine hourzentan restaurantfront desksoaking tubchocolate covered strawberrieswhite houseyoga matbottle of champagnemini barlogan circleboutique hotelwater pressureupon checkthe entire staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

It was my first visit to DC and the Donovan House Hotel. I will however be coming back. Free coffee in the mornings and free wine in the evening are always welcome. However, the friendliness of the staff and the quality of the rooms combined with the good food make it a keeper when planning a visit to DC!

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank GlenCH
Abe L, Assistant General Manager at Kimpton Donovan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2013

Hi GlenCH,

Thanks for your review.

I appreciate you sharing your experience with our signature Morning Coffee and Tea Service as well as our Evening Manager Hosted Reception. Both are uniquely personal and close at heart with Kimpton. A couple of our services that guests love, as did you.

See you soon,

Reviewed 21 December 2013

I have stayed a lot of places in DC, none can compare with the Donovan House!
The location is very convenient to downtown and all the sights of DC. The staff here is exceptional and so helpful! Room service is delicious and very punctual! Being a design addict I loved the room and bath design! The space was perfect and clean with great windows and also a warmth that you don't often get with modern design. In a word Donovan House is- Perfection!

Room Tip: Definitely upgrade to a suite, the larger bedroom and sitting area is so great, and the bathroom is luxurious! There is also more natural light which makes it feel very spacious!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jeremy H
Abe L, Assistant General Manager at Kimpton Donovan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Hi Jeremy H,

Thanks for your review.

Wow, perfection! Some big words to live up too. So happy you enjoyed. You mentioned the design, so I wanted to pass along that we are refreshing and updating the rooms. We'll be 100% complete in March.

See you then.

Reviewed 20 December 2013

I've stayed in Kimptons before and liked them, but this one was very disappointing.

Cons:
-- Hair in bed (not mine)
-- Sink did not drain -- this happened in both of our rooms
-- Wifi stopped working halfway through our visit
-- slow elevators - only one seemed to be working
-- no room service when the restaurant is closed, and no way to get or make coffee after 9 am

Pros:
-- staff were friendly, if unhelpful (ie, they did nothing about the lack of internet access)
-- decent location - walkable to downtown, with a CVS and some cafes nearby (for the coffee/food/internet you can't get in your room)

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank forestview7

Hello forestview7,

Thanks so much for your review.

Yikes, what a rough stay.I am sorry that it was so sub-par compared to your other Kimpton experiences. Just a few comments. We admittedly have had some WiFi issues over the last month. I am pleased to say that we've addressed the issue and have not received any complaints in the last week. As for the elevators, we are indeed undergoing a rooms refresh that requires them to be under shared use. This will cause some slight delays. As for coffee, I am not sure where the communication breakdown occurred, but we do offer In-Room Coffee setups on request.

I feel bad about your stay and that you left with such a negative impression. Would you be so kind to contact me? I want the chance to make it up to you.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

I am an avid Kimpton goer and the Donovan is one of my newest favorites. Beautiful and 5 star service - a standard for Kimpton hotels.This is the third time here and upon arrival, I was recognized as a return guest and intouch member.

"John D" in guest services was awesome and added a special touch to my stay. He followed up on a request I had and made it happen.

The restaurant is delicious and always busy - I would recommend a reservation, and it's worth it.

Location is perfect and in the warmer climates the roof top bar is stunning.

Abe (manager?) is visible and interactive and that is so welcoming.

Room Tip: Corner kings offer great views and extra space. Become a Kimpton intouch member and wireless is complimentary.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Hi JenLutz82,

Thanks so much for your review.

Seems like you had a very enjoyable, classic Kimpton experience. We like to keep things on a personal level here at Kimpton and looks like our man John D, at the front desk, really took this to heart. We're in the midst of a rooms refresh so I'd like to invite you back after it's complete in March for another stay.

Cheers and thanks for the nice note about me. Very much appreciated.

Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

But the hotel works well. The room is spacious, the bed comfortable and the overall vibe is very welcoming. It's a little off the beaten track (14th and M) but that's probably reflected in the reasonable price.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank ordinarymind
Abe L, Assistant General Manager at Kimpton Donovan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Hi ordinarymind,

Thanks so much for your review.

I appreciate your honesty. Sometimes, if things don't work, you just have to change them. We're working on the story.

Cheers,