Kimpton Donovan Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Wyndham(Washington DC)
  • Room Service
Washington Plaza Hotel(Washington DC)
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Free Internet
1,809 results
All reviewsthomas circlerooftop poolspiral showerwine hourzentan restaurantfront desksoaking tubchocolate covered strawberrieswhite houseyoga matbottle of champagnemini barlogan circleboutique hotelwater pressureupon checkthe entire staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Donovan is a DC hot spot. I have stayed here twice...excellent overall experience. I've been to their rooftop for various events....awesome city views at poolside. I've eaten at Zentan....ambiance and food to die for. So now I am in the process of deciding where to have my out of town guests stay while visiting Wash., DC for the first time in January 2014 and of course there is not other choice but Donovan. I want my friends to be overly impressed during their first visit and Donovan is my place. Thanks for all of the experiences (moving out of the area soon)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Donn D
Abe L, Assistant General Manager at Kimpton Donovan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Hi Donn D,

Thanks for your review.

So sad! You're moving away! Oh well, all good things must come to an end......unless you stay with us when you visit DC. Appreciate you sharing all your positive experiences with my Hotel.

Best of Luck,

Reviewed 24 December 2013

I love everything about this hotel. The location, the service, and the views are all fantastic. We are always greeted promptly upon arrival and the upgrade was spectacular. It was a beautiful room with floor to ceiling windows, comfortable bed, and a large tub. The front desk staff is always professional and friendly. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Abe L, Assistant General Manager at Kimpton Donovan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2013

Hi SPKinVA,

Thanks for your review.

What great feedback. Appreciate you sharing. Heads up, the rooms are about to get even better. We're in the midst of a renovation right now. Stay tuned folks!

Reviewed 23 December 2013

Having not been to DC in 10 years, I really didn't know what we would be getting in terms of location when we booked this hotel. It's in a terrific location - 5-10 minute walk away from the White House, Chinatown, and the cool restaurants and shops of 14th Street NW. Very accessible by Metro via Blue Line from Reagan National Airport. Loved the room design. The bed was firm and very comfortable after 2 long days of walking around the city. Unfortunately the shower pressure in my room was too low and even when turned up all the way on hot, it still sent out cold water. The sink drained slowly, which was irritating, and some of the furniture needed touching up. Internet was fast, but occasionally dropped out. It seemed like there was only one working elevator, and we frequently took the stairs to get down. For the price we paid though, and the location, I would probably stay here again, in spite of all the quibbles.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank soonerfaninbhm

Hi sonnerfaninbhm,

Thanks for the review.

Yes, our location is spot on. Really can't beat it being in the middle of everything. As for some of the other items you mentioned, I have to agree with you. So you know, we're currently under renovation, thus the slow elevators. I will be overly excited to present a brand new room product in 2014!

Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

The Donovan House is definitely not old school. From the lobby with the swinging seats to the circular shower with tge square shower head, it's downright hip. I enjoyed the free wifi and the cool mini bar with freebies just for signing into the rewards program. The platform bex wasn't plush but it wasn't bad. The breakfast at the adjoining restaurant wasn't delicious and was overpriced -- 5 bucks for a small grapefruit juice? But I ate it. Its the kibd of place might grow on you especially if you have as pet. Pets are welcome here! But I thought the square industrial sink gimmicky. And not very functional. And there was no coffee maker or ice bucket. But I liked the Donovan. Its for the beautiful people who don't mind being in a cool if unfunctional room.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Hi SistahTraveler,

Thanks for your review.

Sounds like an overall positive stay. I agree on the functionality comments. Looks pretty awesome, but not the smartest design. The back story on the property is that a prior management company designed it to be very lifestyle and style focused, but not the most functional. We're pleased to report that we''re currently undergoing a rooms renovation that will primarily address functionality. Stay tuned, it's going to be pretty awesome.

Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

It was my first visit to DC and the Donovan House Hotel. I will however be coming back. Free coffee in the mornings and free wine in the evening are always welcome. However, the friendliness of the staff and the quality of the rooms combined with the good food make it a keeper when planning a visit to DC!

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank GlenCH

Hi GlenCH,

Thanks for your review.

I appreciate you sharing your experience with our signature Morning Coffee and Tea Service as well as our Evening Manager Hosted Reception. Both are uniquely personal and close at heart with Kimpton. A couple of our services that guests love, as did you.

See you soon,