“One of our favorites”

More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 20 March 2014

This is like a history museum for criminals. It can be a little scary and gory so I would not recommend for children under age 10. My 11 year old enjoyed the interactive police car chase and shootings the best (so did my husband).

1  Thank lovetotravel2012_13
CrimeMuseumStaff, Manager at National Museum of Crime & Punishment, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Hi lovetotravel2012_13,
Thank you for your review! We are glad that you and your family came to see us and that we are one of your favorite museums! The police shooting and driving simulators are a lot of fun; I am happy your son and husband enjoyed them! We hope to see you during your next trip to DC!

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

I liked the crime museum. It was very interesting to learn about the past history of crime. It was a lot to read but I learned a lot. I did like the interactive things they had throughout the museum. We did the detective challenge and that was fun trying to find the clues for the crime. The only thing I didn't like was the prize at the end I could only choose between a tattoo and a bandanna which I didn't want either. I was at least hoping for a key chain at the end but at least I got a pen out of it that they gave you at the beginning. Overall it was a nice museum.

Hi Anv1989,

Thank you so much for coming to visit our museum. We are glad that you found the information interesting and had fun solving the Top Detective Challenge. We appreciate your feedback and are always striving to improve. Thank you!

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I've been to this museum twice now, and enjoyed it each time! This is a fun museum with lots to look at so kids may enjoy it more than they would an average museum. After leaving, I can say I am thrilled I didn't live in the olden days when the punishment outdid the crime, for sure- brutal! I enjoyed that the museum explored crime and punishment from long ago to the present. You get a real picture for how our country and people as a whole have evolved with their thinking, etc. The CSI lab downstairs is also neat and interactive if you have a little extra time to spend. Plan on 2-3 hours in the museum. Military and AAA members receive a discount.

1  Thank Kateeloo1
CrimeMuseumStaff, Manager at National Museum of Crime & Punishment, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Hi Kateeloo1-
Thank you for your comprehensive review! We are thrilled that you have come to see us twice and enjoyed it each time! I agree, the museum is fun and does a great job of exploring crime and punishment throughout the ages. We hope to see you again on your next trip to DC!

Reviewed 7 March 2014

My wife and I enjoyed the information and interactive elements at the Crime Museum. The museum was larger than I first realized. We decided to buy the investigation challenge - a booklet that helps you find clues that lead to the stolen ruby. If you can't find it, try looking up.

Hi m_jonathan!
Thank you so much for your review! We are so happy that you and your wife came to visit our museum and enjoyed the information and the interactives! I am glad that you all completed our Top Detective Challenge; maybe next time you visit you can try one of our public CSI workshops!

Reviewed 28 February 2014

They take you through crime from the beginning of the USA to present. And you will learn there is a lot of crime being committed. Displays were well done and easy to follow.

I would recommend signing up for the TOP DETECTIVE CHALLENGE
You have been tasked with finding a missing artifact from the Museum’s private collection. While exploring the Museum you will answer a series of questions containing clues; these answers will help you crack the code and solve the case. There is even a reward for solving the crime and becoming the Museum’s Top Detective!

And we solved the case and collected our "prize" and should too!

CrimeMuseumStaff, Manager at National Museum of Crime & Punishment, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Hi Dan! Thank you for your enthusiastic review. We are so happy that you came to visit our museum! I am glad that you enjoyed the Top Detective Challenge and were able to solve the case! Maybe next time you can try our Forensic Lab and solve that case!