“Really Good Food”
Review of Westend Bistro

Westend Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Westend Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #360 of 3,662 Restaurants in Washington DC
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End
Cross street: M Street
Transit: Foggy Bottom/GWU & Dupont Circle
Description: Enjoy award-winning American cuisine at Westend Bistro in Washington, D.C. The Chef de Cuisine, Adam Barnett, presents updated bistro classics, infusing modern and traditional techniques that focus on fresh ingredients from the farms and fields of Virginia, Maryland and Pennsylvania.
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

Westend Bistro is located in the Ritz on 22nd Street, and it was better than what I would expect from a restaurant within a hotel. I had the Roasted Organic Chicken and it was really outstanding! It comes with carrots and endive with au jus over mashed potatoes with green beans on the side. The serving was generous. My friend has the Salmon and enjoyed it. We both had the Spring Salad and everything was fresh and delicious, although really skimpy on the Feta Cheese. They served a basket of bread choices, and they were all fresh. The bill, which had 2 salads and entrees and Sparkling Water came to $100 with tip. Service was very good.

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

I wanted to go to Grillfish but as a solo diner I would need to sit at the bar despite a decent number of tables outside and in his balmy evening - no thanks.

Presently surprised by Westend nice service upfront and welcoming to sit outside. Ordered the ribeye with a glass of Cali cab and as very pleased.

Short menu but who cares when it’s this good and so was the service tonight.

Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

Great food and happy hour specials. Very conveniently located amongst hotels near the West End. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 27 May 2018

We met friends to eat here while we were staying at the Ritz. The food was very good, everything was [repared well, it just wasn't very interesting or special. The staff was wonderful and the wine list very good. I would say it was expensive for what it was. The atmosphere is fine for a hotel restaurant, and when we at breakfast there it was good - but for dinner, it was the convenience of the location that was its best feature. Again, nothing truly negative. But nothing all that special either.

Reviewed 8 May 2018

I had lunch at this bistro. This restaurant has outside seating which was perfect on a beautiful spring day. I can't complain about the food because it was so good. I can say that I was happy to have lunch at Westend. I highly recommend this restaurant.