“Met my Expectations...”

GuestHouse Inn Abbeville
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Abbeville
Reviewed 18 July 2011

I was in Abbeville for a personal, family event....quite spur of the moment...and this hotel met my every need. It was very clean and quiet and that was all I needed for this trip.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 July 2011

The hotel was extremely clean and well-maintained. The staff was somewhat friendly, but we never had any problems. I think the pool closes too early at 9pm since people are travelling and arriving later in the day.

Overall, since this is the only hotel in Abbeville, I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Book early via phone!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank teachertank
Reviewed 28 February 2011

My partner and I occasionally stay in Dothan for business in Abbeville, AL. We decided to stay at this Best Western to be closer to our meetings. We were glad that we did! The rooms are very clean and have everything you need: microwave, small fridge and conveniently located. Continental breakfast area was clean and well attended with enough selection of food to keep you satisfied until lunch. So much better than staying 15 or 20 miles away in Dothan.

For a two star motel, it was a great value! The service we received was excellent as well. Very friendly and helpful staff. There was a slight problem with neighbors being noisy, but the management handled it quickly and professionally. Best to ask for a quiet area and they accomodate you. Also, we had car trouble on the road back to the hotel on the second day. We called ahead to let them know that we'd be coming late and they were very concerned for us. Nice touch! I called the owner to compliment his facility and staff (which I almost never do) and he was very pleasant, encouraging us to return! Don't worry, we will. Better than staying in Dothan 15 or 20 miles and paying more money!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank luv2run
Reviewed 23 April 2010

First off let me tell you , I agreed on a weekly rate and was very clear to be charged by the week and right off the bat they charged me a full month screwing up my bank account TERRIBLY!! The owner gave me every excuse in the book for what he did, but bottom line he's just a snake. Now, my air conditioner broke, and he gave me a million stories on how it would start working and just takes a little time yatta yatta yatta....whatever.... There were nat like bugs EVERYWHERE, and I mean EVERYWHERE!! The worst part of it all is that me and my girlfriend both got lice. I was there for business and he talked me out of staying at a diffrent hotel 20 miles away from where I would be working at saying "The rooms are dirty there, I can give you a better rate". Well obviously that's certainly not the case!!!!!!!! I have been working on the road for years and have stayed in countless hotels and have never gotten something as bad as lice. I am reporting them to corporate and I hope that people read this and understand this is the dirtiest and worst place I have ever been, and the most unjust people I have ever met.They are not from this country, they are from India and just don't understand how our country works. For crying out loud, I asked for a simple wake up call and never got it, which caused me to be late for work. PLEASE, if anyone reads this, STAY AWAY!!!! for your own good!!!! I will tell you what, I am going straight to Corporate and hopefully preventing this kind of terrible experience for anyone else.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 July 2008

This motel was average in every way. Sometimes that's better than some of the alternatives.
After an initial hiccup with our reservations (which required us to wait about a half an hour for our rooms) the rest of the stay was...average.
The breakfast was a little sparse. The rooms were a good size and were clean. I have stayed in better Best Westerns before but this one was adeuate for our needs.
There's a Subway and a Hardee's both within walking distance of here so that's handy.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Abbeville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dothan
Comfort Suites Dothan
#11 of 27 in Dothan
George T. Bagby State Park Lodge
Baymont Inn & Suites Eufaula

Been to GuestHouse Inn Abbeville? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about GuestHouse Inn Abbeville

Address: 1237 US Highway 431 S, Abbeville, AL 36310-2059 (Formerly Best Western)
Region: United States > Alabama > Abbeville
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Abbeville
Price Range: £54 - £55 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — GuestHouse Inn Abbeville 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Travel Republic (UK) and Cancelon so you can book your GuestHouse Inn Abbeville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Abbeville Best Western