“Very helpful staff”

Candlewood Suites Alabaster
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Alabaster
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I just stayed three nights for a wedding. The room was clean and neat and stocked with everything we need. The only reason I'm not giving it a five star rating is because the final recliner is pretty worn. We accidentally left a blanket on the bed and when we called about it the staff immediately acknowledged that housekeeping had already reported it and agreed to return it to us. My wife was impressed with the stainless steel cookware. We were both impressed with how spotlessly clean the room was in general and the bathroom in particular. The only other drawback was that there was no ice in the refrigerator because they shut it off when the room is unoccupied. I went down to the front desk and the night attendant filled the stainless steel pot I brought down with me so it worked out okay, but coming in late at night, you may want to stop at the Walmart right down the hill to buy a bag of ice just in case as it takes quite a while to make ice.

Stayed: May 2014
There are newer reviews for Candlewood Suites Alabaster

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Bathroom toilet and shower were filthy. Sheets looked as if they hadn't been changed, dust all over furniture, unfriendly staff and dog feces all over grounds. I would not stay here again or suggest anyone to stay here.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Costel H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Alabaster, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Oh behalf of the staff at Candlewood Suites, we sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you experienced at the hotel. We take great pride in our staff''s attention to detail and this is one of less than a handful of poor housekeeping reviews we have ever received in our 5 years operating. However, one poor review is one is too many. Please know that with every check-in we provide new/clean sheets and towels and the rooms are dusted, mopped, vacuumed and scrubbed clean. With regard to the pet maintenance, we are a proud pet friendly hotel with a specific area outside designated for guests with pets and usually have no issues or complaints. We are sorry if you experienced anything otherwise. We are addressing your concerns with our staff and welcome a repeat visit so that we can prove that your experience was an exception, not a rule. Costel Hofman, General Manager

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Recently had reason to spend one night at Candlewood Suites. We arrived late at night and everyone we came in contact with was extremely nice, friendly and helpful. The only reason for a 4 out of 5 rating is that the bed in the room we stayed in was extremely hard and the floor in the kitchen area was sticky. I mentioned the floor to the front desk upon leaving and they noted it to bring it to the attention of the cleaning staff. It could have been from some cleaning product they were using. We have stayed there several times before and always found it a good place to stay. Would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank parrothead43
Costel H, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Alabaster, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Hi Parrothead43 and thank you for your feedback. I am familiar with this situation and we did look into your floor issue after you departed. As it turns out, it was the cleaners that were used on the floors. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and the cleaners have since been switched out.

We are happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 17 February 2014

This hotel is like home away from home. Hotel Staff makes it a point to know you by name.
Every guest is important to them and treated like family. Your comfort and safety is taken seriously. They have a well stocked pantry. If forgot something at home they probably have it.
Its a great place to stay.

Room Tip: One bedroom Suites a my choice
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Costel H, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Alabaster, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words, Rick!

We strive to make our guests feel more than just comfortable, we want you to feel like family. Your positive feedback let's us know that we are doing just that! We look forward to welcoming you home again soon!

Reviewed 15 January 2014

This is a great place to stay. I would be glad to stay again. The staff was excellent and they were accomidating to every need. The rooms were extremely clean with very comfortable beds and a full kitchen. I was able to bring my pets, which made my stay even more enjoyable! Thanks to the whole staff!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Paige L
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I recently went to visit family and stayed at the Candlewood Suites and could not have asked for a better a stay! The hotel was clean from the moment I walked through the door. From the inviting lobby to the spacious rooms, every need was met. The staff went out of there way to make me feel comfortable along with everyone who walked through the door. The manager was visible at all times and was always asking if I needed anything along with everyone else. I had an extended stay there and the entire staff made me feel like I was at home. The housekeeping ladies were very efficient and so kind! They always had a smile on there face. And a couple of the front desk ladies became personal friends. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and would be glad to come back and stay again!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Amber E
Reviewed 29 October 2013

The Candlewood Suites in Alabaster was a very nice hotel. The area it is in was very nice with plenty of shops and places to eat all around it. The only problem was when I put the address of the hotel into my GPS-1004 Balmoral Drive in Alabaster- it didn't recognize it as valid address. I drove around looking for it and finally had to call to get directions. The guy at the front desk was very helpful and gave me the address of 630 Colonial Promenade which is the actual address of the Wal-Mart that sit right in front of the hotel. I drove right to it. Just make sure if you are using GPS to find the hotel you have the correct address typed in. Other than that, there were no problems.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MCM123456789
Costel H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Alabaster, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2013

Dear Guest :
Thank you for your kind remarks about our hotel . I will share your review with our staff ,we always appreciate feedback from our guests .
We are aware of the GPS issue and we are working on it . Because our hotel is fairly new and in a new development some GPS devices do not recognize the address. We kindly recommend an update to all mapping devices to reflect the development of the Alabaster area .
I am glad that our staff find a way to assist you in finding the hotel ,and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again .
Thank you !

Also consider these accommodations in or near Alabaster
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alabaster
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#2 of 4 in Calera
Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham/Pelham

Been to Candlewood Suites Alabaster? Share your experiences!