“Great Staff and nice property”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Andalusia
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Andalusia
Atlanta, GA
“Great Staff and nice property”
Reviewed 13 October 2011

My wife and I stayed here two weekends because our vehicle was broken down. The staff were very friendly and helpful and made us feel right at home. The property is new and fresh. The housekeeping staff keep it clean and neat all the time.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank flynaway

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 17 August 2011

My family and I stayed at the HI Express for the Alabama District Convention of Kiwanis. The rooms are nice and the staff courteous, as stated by other reviewers. But what really sets this hotel apart from others was something that happened AFTER our stay. When we returned home, we realized that my 10 year old son had lost his brand new tennis shoes. When I called to see if they had been left at the hotel, the staff located them and offered to ship them directly to our home, without even taking a credit card number to pay for the shipping!! Thanks Holiday Inn Express Andalusia!!

Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Jamie B
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 1 December 2010

This is a great hotel. I travel quite a bit and this is one of the best hotels I have stayed in. The hotel is new & nice. The breakfast is pretty good & the beds are wonderful. The thing that sets this hotel apart is the staff. They are very accommodating & friendly. I stay here every chance I get.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank hamil007
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 5 July 2010

We were there for the Berry-Coleman family reunion. This hotel is new and is by far the nicest in Andy! The only negative thing I can point out is the VERY thin walls, you can hear the slightest noise. The complimentary breakfast was good and the employees at the front desk were very friendly and helpful. The inside/outside of the property was well kept. It's less than a 1/2 mile from a Super Walmart. The microwave and mini-fridge was a nice touch! I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank sthack
Florida PanHandle
Reviewed 25 February 2010

Hands down this is the newest place to stay in Andalusia

The beds are high quality and very comfortable
Lots of room, functional work space, cozy sofa
Nicely decorated
Very very clean
Hot breakfast...very good but it lacked any kind of fruit
In room iron, blow dryer, fridge and microwave are great for extended stays

The only thing that was less than satisfactory was the noise level. The doors are very very thin. You can hear every word said by anyone in the hall.
The first night was a little bothersome, general noise from guests talking and doors shutting. The second night was unbelievable when a very noisy sports team checked in.

I would stay there again, but only if they have a room at the end of a hall way to lessen the number guests walking by.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank Work&PlayTravler
alabama
Reviewed 27 November 2009

Have stayed in a couple of hotels here in Andalusia...some nice but dated...some filthy...This hotel is brand new and has wonderful staff and good breakfast. The beds are comfy, rooms spacious and the bathroom just like home ( but tidier :D ). Will never consider another hotel in Andalusia. The few choices available are FAR behind.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank drmomAlabama
Charlotte
Reviewed 1 November 2009

I was visiting some relatives in Andalusia with my parents and I picked this hotel because I needed a place that had interior hallways and this was the only one that I could find. I was pleased to find that this hotel was new. The staff was friendly and VERY accomodating. The first thing I noticed upon entering my room was that it smelled great...no bad smells at all. My parents and I shared a suite with two queen beds to make the stay more cost effective and we had plenty of room with a couch and desk.
My parents had previously stayed at the Best Western in Andalusia and my mom said that when comparing the free continental breakfasts the only thing she liked better was that the Best Western had a continental breakfast with more variety...she emphasized being able to make your own waffles at the Best Western. Also, the prices at the Holiday Inn are a little higher, but to me it was worth it to have the inside hallways. She also feels that, although the Best Western is a great hotel, the Holiday Inn is defintely cleaner.
Free high speed wire and wireless internet is great and the flat screen TV. The only thing I would have added is a DVD player in the suites. The air conditioning unit gets noisy at night, but I experience this issue at a lot of hotels that I have stayed at.
When I return to Andalusia I will defintitely have the Holiday Inn as my first choice, the Best Western will only be my first choice if I decide to bring my dog along (the Holiday Inn doesn't allow pets).

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank cupcakeguru
Also consider these accommodations in or near Andalusia
BEST WESTERN Opp Inn
#3 of 5 in Andalusia
Executive Inn Opp
Executive Inn Opp
#2 of 2 in Opp

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Andalusia? Share your experiences!