“Absolutely recommended”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Andalusia
Decatur, AL
“Absolutely recommended”
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I generally stay in Marriott properties, but when business brought me to Andalusia, as there were no Marriott properties, we chose the HIE. I was very impressed by this hotel's cleanliness, which you notice immediately as you walk in the door. We had a very large room and the bathroom was stocked with many amenities (most hotels don't even provide lotion anymore; this HIE even included a shower cap, makeup removal towelette, and mouthwash!) Very large breakfast area; biscuits and gravy, sausage, waffles, cereal, yogurt, toast/muffins; basic fresh fruit available. Knowledgable and pleasant staff. I would definitely stay here again if in Andalusia.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Calhoun, Georgia
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Our stay at the Andalusia Holiday Inn Express was great. The rooms were fresh and clean, and the staff was great. Of note: there is no hot tub, but there is a good-sized outdoor pool.

I had a (self-imposed) mistake with my reservation, but Dianne went out of her way to fix my error. That kind of customer service is what will keep me coming back. Thank you!

The hotel location is just a bit out of town. We stuffed ourselves silly at the bbq place just down the road. :)

Room Tip: Exec rooms have a decent little kitchenette with a standard microwave, dorm fridge, and bar sink out...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Stayed 3 nights here and for the choice of Hotels in the immediate are, this is the number one spot! Everything is as expected from the chain… Good Breakfast, Staff and Housekeeping. Has a pool and small workout area, could be improved a little with better treadmill and small weight set. I will be returning in April for 7 more nights. Thanks to Dianne and her staff for keeping the 3 year old hotel looking as new as the day it was built! Goes without saying... Video on my Youtube Channel.

Pros
- Great Breakfast
- Great Staff
- Conference Rooms

Cons:
- Internet faded in and out constantly (could have bee my room location)
- Water pressure is on the weaker side and takes a while for hot water
- Treadmill shakes when running on it :(

Priority Club Platinum Member
RetiredArmyRANGER

Room Tip: I get a room on the 3rd floor near the stairwell. Always ask for upgrades.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 March 2012

I travel 42 weeks out of the year and stay in this hotel about 10 wks out of the year....the service is excellent. The staff is very friendly. The rooms are very clean. Great hotel all the way around!!!

• Stayed April 2011
2 Thank sloholly
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 23 November 2011

We stayed 3 nights for a relative's wedding and we could not have been more satisfied. The staff was the most courteous and helpful staff I have ever experienced. The front desk clerk was cheery, helpful, and made us feel welcomed and well taken care of. The hotel was ultra clean and the rooms were outstanding. We stayed in a King room and loved the space and amenities. The bathroom was large and very clean. The breakfast was well done and offered a good variety of hot and cold foods. It was also kept spotless by a hard working worker.
We loved the hotel and hated to leave but I promise we will be back at this well run hotel!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank randall427
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 13 October 2011

My wife and I stayed here two weekends because our vehicle was broken down. The staff were very friendly and helpful and made us feel right at home. The property is new and fresh. The housekeeping staff keep it clean and neat all the time.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank flynaway
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 17 August 2011

My family and I stayed at the HI Express for the Alabama District Convention of Kiwanis. The rooms are nice and the staff courteous, as stated by other reviewers. But what really sets this hotel apart from others was something that happened AFTER our stay. When we returned home, we realized that my 10 year old son had lost his brand new tennis shoes. When I called to see if they had been left at the hotel, the staff located them and offered to ship them directly to our home, without even taking a credit card number to pay for the shipping!! Thanks Holiday Inn Express Andalusia!!

Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Jamie B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Andalusia
Best Western Opp Inn
#3 of 5 in Andalusia
Executive Inn Opp
Executive Inn Opp
#2 of 2 in Opp

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Andalusia? Share your experiences!