“Gorgeous, amazing, immaculate! Yes, that good!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Andalusia
Sweet Gum Bottom Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Andalusia B&B and Inns
Raleigh, NC
“Gorgeous, amazing, immaculate! Yes, that good!!”
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I was probably a little out of my element, as this is a popular wedding spot and of couples young and old, so I’m sure being a single traveler was definitely in the minority, but don’t let that stop you. This place is absolutely gorgeous. The breakfast, I can’t even begin to describe, I still think it’s the greatest breakfast I’ve ever had. The rooms are incredible. Wonderfully welcoming people, very hospitable and friendly, giving that sweet southern welcome and charm. Yes, Andalusia is a bit off the beaten path, and it was a little hard to find but it’s so worth every penny. The grounds here simply incredible. A flawless B&B. Yes, that’s high and heavy praise but well worth it. One of the best B&B’s I’ve ever been to. Just do yourself a favor and stay there. Gorgeous, amazing, immaculate! True southern hospitality at it’s absolute finest!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
London
Reviewed 28 October 2011

We stayed here on the last night of a two week road trip around the Deep South and loved it. We were kindly upgraded to a better room at no cost, it had a hot tub which was lots of fun. The grounds were stunning and I can see why people choose this as a place to get married. The room was huge, very clean and nicely decorated. Sheila, the host on hand in the evening and morning was a delight, so welcoming and charming and makes the most incredible breakfast, the pecan french toast was out of this world and there was extra bacon aplenty, if I could give six stars for service I would. I was a bit disappointed not to meet Lucky, the resident (outdoors only) cat but we did see a gopher. A very special place, worth the trip to this tiny town in Alabama.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hannypops
Robertsdale, Alabama
Reviewed 18 January 2011

We got married here, just the two of us!!! Laura and Ricky were the sweetest hosts and we will never forget them. We plan to come back every year for our anniversary. The peace and quiet is just wonderful. This is a very romantic place. I wanted to take the sunporch home with me. We spent more time there than in our room! The food was fabulous! I hope my daughters get married here too! Raymond and Mary Willis, Robertsdale AL

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank maryandraymond
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed 15 June 2010

We selected this place for our 5th wedding anniversary trip. The criteria was that it had to be within a 6 hour drive, had to be very peaceful, and in a small town. This bed and breakfast matched all 3 things and had many added bonuses. As much as I like to travel and try new things, I will visit again next year just to see the owners, have peace and quiet, and enjoy truly delicious meals. This food and dessert snob was overly impressed.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mogamo
Opp, Alabama
Reviewed 23 May 2010

We stayed at Sweet Gum Bottom on our wedding night. It was the best night sleep I have ever had! The bed was very comfortable. The grounds are beautiful and before we retired we took a stroll through the garden and relaxed in the jacusi tub. Laura, the owner was so inviting and made us a wonderful southern breakfast the next morning before we left for the rest of our honeymoon. We stayed a week in Gattlinburg but nothing for the rest of the week compared to the Sweet Gum Bottom. Thank you Laura.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank decieyancey
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed 2 May 2010

My husband and I were looking for a little peace and relaxation and we found it. Laura and Ricky have thought of everything! They made us feel so welcome. The place is beautifully decorated. It's one of the best breakfasts I think I have ever had. We stayed in the Laura Leigh suite and the bed was so comfortable I wanted to take it home with me. We normally don't sleep well away from our own bed, but we both got a good night sleep there. You can tell the Laura and Ricky have gone to great lenghts to make sure every detail is covered. We will be looking forward to our next visit!!!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Redhead2574
Eastbourne
Reviewed 1 May 2010

This little B&B in is absolutly excellent in every way. Can fully recommend it. The location is very relaxing and the owners very charming. This is southern hospitalty at its best

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EDW99
Also consider these accommodations in or near Andalusia
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Andalusia
#3 of 5 in Andalusia
Executive Inn Opp
Executive Inn Opp
#2 of 2 in Opp

Been to Sweet Gum Bottom Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!