“Extremely Surprised”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Andalusia
Huntsville, United States
“Extremely Surprised”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I was extremely satisfied with my stay at BW. It was very clean, well stocked, and the shower head/water pressure was a very relaxing end to a couple of busy days. Will definitely stay at this location again if needed.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Donna B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Climax, Georgia
Reviewed 14 July 2013

A great place to stay. Quiet with comfortable beds. Good places to eat in the area. Exterior of hotel as well as rooms were very clean. They have a very nice swimming pool. Good places to eat near by.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Kansas
Reviewed 30 June 2013

When we drove up I wasn't expecting outside room entrance. I found myself a bit apprehensive until I opened the door. Wonderful room. I assume it had been recently updated or it sure did seem to have a fresh look to it. Very clean. The pool was just across the parking lot from our room and looked very clean and kept up when we went to look at it. The whole property had a well kept look to it. Breakfast in the morning was wonderful and the dining area had many little touches that told you somebody toke the time to make this place appealing to people. Staff was very pleasant and helped us with directions to the restaurant we wanted to eat at that evening. Definitely would stay there again.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Quality of the room was a pleasant surprise, our room had been recently updated, 12-18 months ago maybe. Room was clean.

Staff attitude began during check-in. I called the hotel directly because the website only showed smoking rooms. The rate quoted was a AARP rate at $62.10, when I checked in the clerk state the rate was $65. I happened to show the clerk the print out of rates from which I booked my room. I asked the clerk to honor the rate, she said "You want me to honor your supposed on-line reservation rate", I pointed out I made the reservation direct to obtain a non-smoking room and the clerk expressed no problem honoring the rate. After a little more grumbling by her she volunteer the honor the rate. Problem one solved.

Problem two. Breakfast Sat AM. Went down for breakfast about 8:15. No batter for waffles, only one egg available, no milk for cereal, and no sausage. Ask the attendant about refreshing the breakfast supplies, said the were out of sausage and eggs. Took 20 minutes to restock batter and milk.

Problem three. House keeping knock on the door about 10AM Sat, asked her to come back after lunch. When we returned at 11PM no housekeeping services has been provided. We to the desk to report housekeepings error and get towels. Desk clerk insisted we signed a waiver to skip housekeeping. Never happened.

Problem four: Breakfast Sun AM - 8:30 AM even fewer supplies were available than on Sat. No fruit, no eggs, no sausage, or much else.

The hotel business is called the hospitality for a reason. Obviously the Best Western in Andalusia doesn't care. I know mistakes happen, but management and the staff of any hotel must at least make an effort to apologize and some how compensate. Just ignoring the situation or trying to avoid responsiblity would be a worst business practice, that does not build loyalty.

Another item that I did not report is that the door did not automatically close. The lock hand set was difficult to operate and prevented the door from closing as it should have. This is a major safety issue issue for any hotel, regardless of location.

Room Tip: Older exterior building, no elevator. Down and out rooms get a fair amount of parking lot noise so...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JimR3
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 28 March 2013

This new hotel is in an excellent location on the bypass. Standard BW room, nice staff. I did not have breakfast but the coffee was good. Only complaint was the heat/air unit was loud---good if you like white noise. Would definitely stay here again when in the area although the rate seems a little steep for the area.

Room Tip: Slow elevator to second floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Reviewed 21 June 2011

We were going to visit my niece and needed to stop on the way. We came upon this hotel, took a chance and stopped. The rooms were clean and the staff were nice. I had read some of the reviews as my husband checked us in, but found that none of them were true. The place was very nice. As for the one review that said that they starred at her if they understood East Indian people, they stare because they are curious. They are trying to figure people out. They don't mean to offend anyone. I would recommend this place.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Andalusia
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Andalusia
#3 of 5 in Andalusia
Executive Inn Opp
Executive Inn Opp
#2 of 2 in Opp

Been to Best Western Andalusia Inn? Share your experiences!