“Crook”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Andalusia
Reviewed 30 June 2010

We stayed there Friday 26,2010 He ask for my card and run it before I could say I'll be paying in cash , He gave me two receipts one for the cash payment abd the other for the swiped card that had VOID on it but it is still being taking out of my checking account, and to top it all I did not even sign the reciept.

Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 February 2009

Stayed here on business for three nights. It's what the company recommended. Found an old liquor bottle in the dresser. Looked like there was old dried blood on the walls and you could tell the door had been forced open at one time. Not to mention the roaches that came out at night. This was definitely not worth what the company spent the money for.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 September 2008

Stayed 9/19/2008. Room was basic and not up to Comfort Inn standards. You expect more. All rooms are exterior entrance. Mold in bathroom with cracking/peeling paint in and over shower. Very old property. Large hole in wall by bed. I would only stay here again if the rate was $19.99.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 December 2007

It looked nice from the outside, and at first glance we thought the room looked okay, but as we turned on more lights we discovered that the carpet was filthy, the bathtub was nasty (had to put a hand towel in the tub to stand on for a shower), and there was mold visible on the bathroom walls. Otherwise, the beds were comfortable and appeared clean, and the staff was curteous. We do not plan to return.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2007

Stayed at the Comfort Inn for 9 days in conjunction with a baseball tournament. Initially, the staff was very accommodating respective to room selections, but it went downhill from there. On our 2nd night, the smoke alarm went off at 2 am. Our cable TV was not properly programmed, which was of importance to us because we wanted to watch the BB games. Neither was ever corrected (the manager claims to have done so, but I think he went to the WRONG room).

The free wireless service went on the blink in several rooms, and I was rudely told by the front door clerk to "call the wireless service". Another desk clerk finally gave me a working cable, but that forced me to work on the nightstand instead of at the writing desk.

Housekeeping left a lot to be desired. We had to ask for soap daily. You have to return towels to get fresh ones. My room was not made up at all one day.

The TV blew a fuse in my friend's room, leaving it smoke filled.

The rooms were of a decent size and relatively clean, although the wallpaper in my room was peeling and there were quite a few scratches on the walls.

The one positive thing is their continental breakfast which is a step up from most sugar-filled continental breakfasts. They offer fresh fruit, hard boiled eggs and pancakes. There are a lot of good eateries in walking distance, but this is true for most of the hotel/motels there.

Go there if only if you have no other choice, or if it prices out the cheapest, but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Florida
Reviewed 1 March 2006

Stayed at the Comfort Inn twice last year once in May and again in July, All the staff was very nice professional and bent over backwards to help us. The complimentary breakfast was excellent lots to choose from and was refilled quickly. Stayed there both times over the weekend Friday to Sunday. The staff was happy to give us extra towels when we had been to the pool. We are going there againt this May and plan on staying here.

• Stayed: May 2005
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 November 2005

I am giving this hotel 2 stars based the fact that the first time we stayed here back in July, 2005 was much better than the last in Nov, 2005. The room we were in this trip was shabby and not well cleaned as we found a beer bottle cap on the floor. The bathroom door had been repaired in 3 big patches where it looked like someone had kicked it in. The drain in the bathroom floor came off completely. My husband was in the room when the cleaning staff opened the door without even a knock. Luckily he was decent. She removed the 5 towels and said she'd be back later. Later that day we received 5 towels but no other cleaning service. The previous stay I also had trouble with very rude cleaning staff. We were getting dressed when she knocked and when I suggested that this was not a good time for service (as we were all in various states of dress), she informed us that "she doesn't get paid by the hour or work all day." I said that "we didn't require service then."
On the plus side, the bed was very comfortable both times. The breakfast was very good-waffles, cereal, asstd pastry, bagels etc, but it does end early even on weekends. I don't think the desk staff was rude, they were very pleasant when I called in to be connected to the room, but while I was eating breakfast, I heard who I think was the manager being very rude to the desk staff. The previous stay was more pleasant than this, but we won't be looking to stay again at the Comfort Inn unless nothing else is available.

• Stayed: November 2005
2  Thank BRMom3
Also consider these accommodations in or near Andalusia
Econo Lodge Andalusia
#3 of 5 in Andalusia
Executive Inn Opp
Executive Inn Opp
#2 of 2 in Opp

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!