“Finally! ”

Cheaha Brewing Company LLC
Ranked #3 of 71 Restaurants in Anniston
Cuisines: American, Gastropub
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Cheaha Brewing Company is a brewpub in the 1885 L&N freight house. We currently serve hand crafted beer produced in Alabama and nearby. Soon, we will begin brewing our own beers and have them on tap. Our beer is paired with uniquely prepared dishes incorporating as much locally produced and all natural food as possible.
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

In an area where food chains are abundant, it is refreshing to see an independently owned (and brewed) restaurant and bar that focuses on fresh, locally produced ingredients. Great atmosphere and friendly staff!

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

The beer brewed here is in line with bud light. So if that's your thing... I even asked the waiter whats good here and even that individual was like mmmm yeah... dont get the chicken sandwich or anything chicken. Well I've been a few times and their burgers and all their beers are very bland and generic. Literally would be better going to a local convenience store and buying a 6 pack.

2  Thank HotSoupi
Reviewed 1 August 2014

A very nice brewery on Walnut street. It is a converted train station. The décor was beautiful. The patio out back was big and inviting. My husband and I had lunch there on our last day in Anniston. I had the Hamburger with kettle chips. It was very good the bun was really good. My husband the Turkey Melt and Red pepper and gouda cheese soup. He said it was great. I had some of the beer. The Red Irish one was good and tried some others. Staff was very attentive and knowledgeable about the beer and food, and they were also friendly. Well be back.

1  Thank cdavis4
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

If your in east Alabama, you must give this place a shot. Laid back atmosphere, buy local when they can, cool restored train station, relaxing hangout. Food is casual but excellent, with home made being the rule not the exception. Make their own excellent beer on premises, and are quick with a suggestion or helpful description.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We have eaten here several times, always on Sundays, for some reason, and always at lunch. The Cheaha draft beers are excellent (there was an oatmeal stout in the winter that was fabulous). My husband is a beer drinker, and he always gets something different and has yet to be disappointed. Get a sampler to see what you like. Wine selection is limited, but then it IS a brewery, not a vineyard, so that is to be expected.

The food could be described as high-end pub food, but I usually get what is on the special (look for the chalkboard above the door to the kitchen). I have had everything from Indian food to some excellent lamb chops off the special board. My family usually orders from the menu with salads, burgers or the paninis ( my son's favorite). Also to be recommended is the hummus and veggies to start.

The old depot atmosphere is funky, and don't be in a hurry. Know in advance: The vibe is very casual, very informal, so be prepared to sit back and relax. The servers are friendly, but no speed records will be broken in getting the food to the table or the check. We are fine with that, because we're always there for a leisurely lunch.