“Catfish and Seafood”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

A very large restaurant it can tend to be very loud. The catfish is usually pretty good but I have ordered it and it not be done enough for me. The seafood is always good. They serve cornbread and coleslaw before your meal and sometimes I am too full to eat because it is so good. It is a good place to go for a big family gathering or a business party as they can accommodate any size.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

We love this place and eat here often!! I know its a seafood place but I do not like seafood!! But they have the best turnip greens, corn bread, and onion rings I have ever eaten anywhere!! I also like the slaw and chicken fingers!! It doesn't matter if the line is out the door when you get there the wait is never long...it is one of the most organized resturants I have ever seen in my life!! The food and sevice is always great!!

1  Thank Marcia M
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I tries this because it was highly recommended by the locals that I am working with. I had high expectations but I was disappointed with me meal. I got the broiled crawfish and catfish combo with onion rings. All meals come with cornbread, coleslaw and pickled onions which were excellent. My crayfish and catfish were not very good. The catfish had very little flavor and the crawfish tasted salty. Both were over cooked. I think I would have given a better rating if I stopped at the free stuff..

Reviewed 26 December 2013

After a tough day of Black Friday shopping the entire family treated ourselves to some catfish at Top O the River in Anniston!! It was well worth waiting for!! Get there early as it does fill up fast...even though it is a HUGE place!! Service is great and all staff have a smile and friendly comment or two!! The food is awesome and plentiful! Fried dill pickles are very good, but I love their cole slaw!! Their fries are good, but their onion rings are really good! And the catfish, well that's why we go there!!

1  Thank Tony J
Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

For an appetizer, we had a huge plate of giant onion rings and fried pickles...best to order if you are out with the family...too much even for two people. The main course of Creole seasoned shrimp and fried shrimp was just ok. Surprised they didn't have malt vinegar for the fries and hushpuppies. All-in-all, a decent family restaurant.

Been to Top O The River? Share your experiences!