“Great Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Top O The River

Top O The River
Ranked #2 of 69 Restaurants in Anniston
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Jacksonville, Alabama
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

The food was delicious. The corn bread, cole slaw and greens were amazing! By the time our food came, we were almost full since the cornbread and cole slaw are complimentary. They serve big portions so my husband and I shared a plate. The prices were very reasonable. The staff was always very polite and attentive. Wonderful visit!

• Visited June 2014

“Not too impressed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I must say I wasn't too impressed with Top of the River. Ive heard several people rave about the place, but to me it was like eating at Formal Captain D's... I don't want to be to rude about it. Mostly because its my fault, but I didn't like the idea that it was only Catfish! Granted I got the Broiled Catfish Fillet and it was ok. My wife got popcorn shrimp and didn't like it. I will not be returning.

For someone who likes Catfish im assuming you would like it.

Staff is very nice.

Whitehouse, Texas
“Delightful Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

We ate in this restaurant recently with a large group. The food was great and if possible, the service was even better. The slaw and cornbread were both excellent. The amount of food was over the top. When you eat here plan to share!
Those who ate the crawfish said it was some of the best they had ever had.
The only complaint we had a couple of people who could not eat any type of fish. They would have liked to have at least one more alternative to the fish menu, such as a hamburger.

• Visited May 2014
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Pretty Good, but NOT as good as Reputation”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

Place was crowded (good sign) and service was excellent!

But fell below it's reputation when it came to quality. Food was ok....but just that....ok

Would go back, but only if in a hurry, and just want to grab something simple.

• Visited May 2014
Georgia, USA
“Classic Southern Food - Catfish at its best !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

I've been coming here for years now. And in all that time I never had a bad meal. The big pot of Greens is my favorite thing to get and I make a meal of it by itself. These are without question the very best Greens I have ever eaten anywhere. The fried catfish is always hot and excellent. You can create your own plate, and if broiled fish is your thing vs. fried, you can get that too. All in all if you are looking to get some great down home southern cookin' this place is GREAT. And for those that are not fish fans there is lots of other good stuff to eat as well.

• Visited April 2014

Been to Top O The River? Share your experiences!