“Best Catfish in the Planet!”
Review of Top O The River

Top O The River
Ranked #2 of 70 Restaurants in Anniston
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
“Best Catfish in the Planet!”
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

This is the way southern fried catfish is supposed to taste. The batter doesn't overpower the fish and the fish is fresh. The fixins are enough to make a meal of by themselves and include white beans, onions, pickles and cornbread. The service is great! One recommendation. Get there early as the wait can be somewhat long but it is well worth that wait. This place is the KING OF CATFISH!

1 Thank HJR1960

Bedford, TX 76021
“Portions are large, service is excellent, prices are reasonable”
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Went with friends who live in Anniston. The food was excellent, as was the service. The portions were large. Five (5) of us ate for under $100 and had a great meal.

Visited July 2014
“Awesome food and even better service! !!”
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

This place was as advertised. If you like deep south fried up seafood this is your place. The shrimp, WHOLE catfish, and stuffed crabs could not have been cooked better. The coleslaw and cornbread...holy %*#! It was awesome. Food leftover and we were stuffed. If you want broiled/grilled healthy food maybe go somewhere else although they serve it, but if you want to splurge and have some of the best southern fried seafood you have ever had then go here!!!!! Preston was our server and was awesome !!!!!! All the less than 5 star results on here are simply inaccurate or a fluke. We were very satisfied with the entire dinner. Read my other reviews, I pull no punches.

Jacksonville, Alabama
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Restaurant”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

The food was delicious. The corn bread, cole slaw and greens were amazing! By the time our food came, we were almost full since the cornbread and cole slaw are complimentary. They serve big portions so my husband and I shared a plate. The prices were very reasonable. The staff was always very polite and attentive. Wonderful visit!

• Visited June 2014
“Not too impressed”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I must say I wasn't too impressed with Top of the River. Ive heard several people rave about the place, but to me it was like eating at Formal Captain D's... I don't want to be to rude about it. Mostly because its my fault, but I didn't like the idea that it was only Catfish! Granted I got the Broiled Catfish Fillet and it was ok. My wife got popcorn shrimp and didn't like it. I will not be returning.

For someone who likes Catfish im assuming you would like it.

Staff is very nice.

Been to Top O The River? Share your experiences!