“April 6, 2013 stay at Royal Inn”
Review of Royal Inn Anniston

Royal Inn Anniston
Royal Inn Anniston
Ranked #4 of 4 Anniston B&B and Inns
Byron, Georgia
“April 6, 2013 stay at Royal Inn”
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I, and my girlfriend, stayed at Royal Inn on 6 April, 2013.

The desk clerk, Stacey, was friendly, courteous, and professional.

The room was clean, and well furnished. There was some sign of wear in the bathroom/bath tub, but it was clean. There was NO problem with the hot water.

I chose Royal Inn, because I stayed there for months at a time, when I was doing contract work at the former Ft. McClellan. I was always pleased then.

The same family owned the motel then, as does now. I always found them to be very friendly, and considerate of their customers.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Winder, Georgia
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We were driving through Anniston, and after reading the reviews we thought we would stay for one night. However, when I asked the owner, or night clerk If we could see a room first. She wouldn't let us and was very rude. So, it makes me wonder, "What is she hiding?" Rude! Rude! Rude! Not American owner either.

Room Tip: Reviews from other guest were misleading to say the least.
Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Apasara L
USA
Reviewed 12 February 2011

This room was only $49.95 with tax so I really couldn't expect much. The furniture was new and the vanity had marble countertops. The towels were white. The bathroom wall and floor either had yellow paint on them or urine. The bath tub was either old or dirty. The linen seemed suspect and I slept on top of the covers with my coat. It was a nice room, but I got an uneasy feeling staying here. Also, the breakfast was a baby sized mini muffin.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Summerfield, Florida
Reviewed 17 July 2010

I stayed here for a week and would go back again. It's a no frills place, relatively clean except for the carpet but then again what can you expect for $45.00 per night? The Hilton? I stay there as well but that's $300.00 and of course better. The location is close to the highway, restaurants and convenient. Don't call a taxi, they WILL rip you off. For a cheap and decent stay you can't complain much about this place.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank jessie62
ky
Reviewed 26 May 2009

This is top of the worst motel’s I have ever stayed in. Everything was just nasty. I couldn’t get the water to warm up when I was in the shower I called the front desk and they told me it takes about 5 min to leave the water running and it would eventually get warm. There wasn’t anything positive about the night I stayed there. I got the reservation based on reviews which was a mistake, I would have left, if it wasn’t 1 in the morning when I arrived and I didn’t know the area to leave. DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank keribeth3
Alabama
Reviewed 14 March 2009

I have stayed at this motel several times, it's always clean and you can't beat the price.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kat2467
anniston, al
Reviewed 18 August 2008

Conveniently located about 5 miles from downtown Anniston and Jacksonville, and less than 1/4 mile from Super Wal-Mart (with fuel center), Regions Bank, and several restaurants (McDonalds, Arby's, Krystals, etc.), Royal Inn undoubtedly gives the most bang for the buck. The manager and staff are more than hospitable and accomodating to each client's individual needs. The property features a well kept pool and poolside gazebo, washer/dryer unit, ice, and drink machines. Free breakfast, cable, and wireless internet is available daily, and the housekeeping does an exceptional job with a friendly attitude.

Our room had a king sized bed, loveseat, coffee table, desk, mini-fridge, microwave, and more. My several-week stay (August 2008) at the Royal Inn was a comfortable, quiet, and quality one, at about half the price of comparable hotels.

• Liked — Value for the money!
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank mrhuz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anniston
Hotel Finial
University Inn
#2 of 2 in Jacksonville
Americas Best Value Inn Oxford
Home2 Suites by Hilton Oxford

Been to Royal Inn Anniston? Share your experiences!