“Only Game in Town”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Arab
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Only Game in Town”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

On a recent trip to Arab we had the occasion to spend several days at this Quality Inn. Since it is the only "chain" hotel in town it was our only option. We had reserved a non-smoking room but it was clear from the moment we entered the room that guests had smoked in the room. We spoke to management and after the room had been cleaned the next day the stale smoke odor was for the most part was eliminated. We were promised a $10 reduction in room rate but when I got home my charge statement did not reflect a discount. Housekeeping is poor; no replacements for toiletries, the room was never vacuumed, and the bathroom was not cleaned. The motel is old and in dire need of renovation. The windows did not open but it was unnecessary since the gap around the door let in plenty of ventilation!! Coffee was excellent in the breakfast room and always available. On the positive side, the motel staff were friendly and helpful. For fast food lovers, McDonald's and Burger King are within walking distance. Pizza and Mexican food is also very near by. For stays in Arab this is the only choice....it's not the worst hotel I've ever stayed in, but for a Quality Inn it certainly does not live up to the name....Quality.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side, off the highway....it's much quieter.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank StormFan62
Lisa F, General Manager at Quality Inn Arab, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
I would like to offer my apologies, for not living up to the name Quality. I have already addressed the housekeepers for there lack of attention to your room. As part of our ongoing renovations, we are also checking into the possibility of going smoke free. Maintenance is also deciding what can be done to remedy the door situation.
I am forwarding your folio by mail, that reflects your refund. Unfortunately, depending upon your banking institution, it may take up to two weeks to be reflected on your bank statement.
Again, I would like to offer my sincerest apologies, and hope, we are able to prove our Quality on a future stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Citrus Springs, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

taking back roads to florida it isn't easy to find a nice hotel. Well we did. Wonderful place to stay on our trip from Indiana to Florida. Large, clean room with coffee maker, micro, and fridge. Breakfast was great. Everything from waffles to biscuits and gravy to hard boiled eggs etc. Front dest staff was very nice.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nursnanc
Lisa F, General Manager at Quality Inn Arab, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
We are happy you found us -- and hope you'll find us again sometime soon! Happy traveling!
ARAB, AL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

We had plumbing problems and could not take showers or use water at home. So we HAD to get a room. This room was great. Completely redone. The only problem was not enough pressure in the shower...but at least we were able to get clean. Great location in town.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Lisa F, Manager at Quality Inn Arab, responded to this review, 15 May 2013
Mrs. Thompson,
We enjoyed having your family here at The Quality Inn of Arab!
I am pleased to let you know that as part of our Choice Hotels renovations, we will be replacing our tired shower heads with new adjustable rain forest type shower fixtures. We have received them and are awaiting installation.
I hope you have the chance to return and try them out, but without the problems you had at home!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012 via mobile

Very nice room. On the expensive side but really it is the only hotel in town. The only bad thing was there was a bunch of Hispanic workers staying in a room next to us and it was like they were in our room. Personally I think they had way over the limit of people in there! We had those doors that could combine 2 rooms and you could hear them breathing!! Or I should say snoring!!!!!! Loud!!

Staff was great!

I realize most people will never even hear of Arab, AL... But we had the privilege of working there for 10 months and never have we been to a nicer place!!! It is a little slice of heaven! The people here are angels! The whole town is just peaceful. Everyone is helpful!

I have travelled and lived all over the US and I could retire here in a minute!

• Stayed December 2011
JamesonInnArab, General Manager at Quality Inn Arab, responded to this review, 10 August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let others know about your stay with us as well as our lovely little town of Arab. I apologize for the noise from your neighboring room. Please do not hesitate to let us know of any issue you may experience during your stay. We strive to make every visit a pleasant one starting with our wonderful breakfast, clean rooms and friendly staff.

Neesya Goodman
GM
Clyde, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

Went to a family reunion over the weekend in Alabama. rented two rooms for two nights. I was pleasantly surprised. not allot of competition in the area but the hotel was a nice place to stay. The rooms are nice and larger than the norm . They all have refrigerators, microwaves,in room coffee and very nice big HD TV's . The staff gets a 5 star rating. Very polite, very helpful. The morning breakfast was a plus. My family loved the waffle iron. The place is very quiet and seemed very secure.
It is deferentially family safe.
WE will be back next year

Room Tip: No elevator so request the first floor if you have health issues
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank funinthesun28721
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

As far as I know this is the only hotel in Arab, so, on a recent trip my family along with extended family stayed while attending a family reunion. The rooms were very clean and comfortable and the staff was friendly and helpful. They are AAA approved, so, we were also able to negotiate a better price. The only negative would be the continental breakfast. There were few offerings and what was available was not very good. I also noticed the health inspector had rated the food area with 90 which in my opinion is way too low for an establishment serving food. I would say the hotel is acceptable, but, I would recommend walking to the McDonalds in the parking lot for breakfast.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Fort Wayne, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

Had to stay at this hotel due to a wedding in the area. I suppose it could be much worse, but there's room for improvement. The front desk people were great, very helpful and pleasant. The price was a bit much I think for the quality of the room- $75, and the room was reasonably clean. Unfortunately, since we were there a few days, the houskeepers decided that whatever we tracked onto the carpet would remain for the duration. Makes me wonder about the cleanliness of what I can't see!
The breakfast buffett is pretty decent but the area is very small and gets pretty crowded.
There was only one other place to stay in town that I saw, and it looked bad- really bad. All in all, not great, not terrible, value is questionable but it could be much worse.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
JamesonInnArab, Manager at Quality Inn Arab, responded to this review, 21 June 2012
Dear Jeffrey T,

I appreciate your taking the time to write a review. I appreciate your feedback and I am very glad to hear that my front desk staff were both helpful and pleasant. As for the cleanliness of your room we pride ourselves on having the cleanest most comfortable place in town and I am disappointed to hear that we failed to vacuum your floors during your stay with us. Please rest assured that I will address this with my staff so that future guests will have a more pleasant and enjoyable stay.

Neesya Goodman, GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arab
Wyndham Garden Lake Guntersville
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 2 in Hanceville
BEST WESTERN Fairwinds Inn

Been to Quality Inn Arab? Share your experiences!