“Very good hotel”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Athens
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Very good hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

Hotel is new, clean with helpful friendly staff. Rooms are quiet. Fast wi-fi internet. I was upgraded to a suite because of my frequent traveler status which is always a plus! The -02 rooms/suites have a small bar space with microwave, sink and refrigerator. Room had comfortable king, foldout couch, nice desk space, 40" LG flatscreen TV. Remote is easy to use. Vanity with double sink outside bathroom. Cookies at 3PM. Breakfast is typical Hampton breakfast which is OK. Breakfast staff is very nice. Cracker Barrel is next door (no sidewalks).

Room Tip: -02 suites are large. Rooms facing away from interstate may have less highway noise.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this review, 4 May 2012
Thank you for saying our hotel the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65 "is new, clean with helpful friendly staff. Rooms are quiet." Please return often!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
oxford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

I can only say that we stopped here on the way to the Florida panhandle and on the way back because the room (quite inviting) and the hotel were so spotless and the staff accommodating. We walked across the street and ate dinner once at a local cafe and once at Cracker Barrel. The breakfast at the hotel was abundant. If you want a quick, very clean, convenient stopover, this is the place.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor and even there it was quiet. We used AAA for the best rate.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65 would like to thank you for your nice review. We hope to see you on your next trip this way.
Waukesha, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Athens for one night in a queen suite. The room was large, clean and comfortable. The price was a bit more than some other places with this type of accommodation, but we knew that Hampton can provide a great nights rest. The front desk staff was pleasant and expedited our registration. I should add that the desk was very busy, because storms were coming in and a lot of folks were calling or driving in for a room. We did have a reservation, so that made getting in easy. Our room was quiet even though the storms were thundering through the area. The free breakfast was adequate with a choice of eggs, biscuits & gravy and waffles for hot foods with other breads and cereals also offered. The hotel is located right off of I-65 and has several restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
Thank you for your nice review of the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65. The storm did cause a lot of people some troubles but we are glad we were here to help them.
Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

This is a newer hotel and has well furnished rooms. The lobby is spacious and modern. An indoor pool takes up one end of the hotel and, while we didn't take advantage, looked clean and very usable. The usual breakfast is provided from 6-10am. We were able to get a rate less than $100 by using out AAA membership. There are also a number of restaurants and convenience stations at this exit. The surrounding exit is well lit and clean.

• Stayed March 2012
We are glad to hear you liked our pool and accommodations here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again soon.
Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

We were driving down to Ft. Benning and needed a place to spend the night. This property met our needs perfectly. The rooms were clean and beds were very comfortable. The pool area was nice, water temp was a bit cool, the front desk clerk offered to turn up the heater but we declined as it wasn't that necessary. I thought that was very nice of her to offer. Breakfast in the morning was good. The usual Hampton Inn type breakfast. Easy access to the highway.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank IowaDisneyMom
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this review, 26 January 2012
 Thank you for taking the time to compliment our hotel the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65 and look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Gulfport, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

Reserved a room through AAA at this Hampton Inn in Athens AL after reading the good reviews. With this being a smaller town, I was expecting an older property. Boy was I surprised. This little hotel sits off I-65 and appears to be nearly new and spotlessly clean. The decor is very modern and sleek for a Hampton. We got a King Suite (for just $7 more than a regular room) and couldn't have been more pleased. Very spacious with a little couch and desk that were handy for a little work we had to do. It had a nice granite-topped wet bar with mini fridge and microwave that was very handy.

In the morning, the free breakfast featured eggs that had steak in them (protein, for a change!) in addition to the normal waffles, cereal, pastries, etc. Every staff member we interacted with was very nice and cordial. If I had to add anything that I didn't love it would be the lack of an exhaust fan in the bathroom. But that was such a minor thing.

All in all, I was very happy with this hotel and will always make sure to stay here when I am through that area again!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank budgetingmom
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
We are glad to hear you were happy with our hotel the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you on your next trip through.
Georiga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2011

We are consider road warriors that travel for business staying in hotels 30 + weeks out of year. Spend our lives on the road. This Hampton Inn & Suites is a newer Hampton Inn and is located in a good location. Near a road/street that has shopping, dining and nearby freeway access. (small town) The front desk staff is nice, professional with good customer service and made you feel welcome. The room was located in a good location of the hotel not near the elevator which was good. The room was extremely clean and update-to-date with a fridge and microwave as all Hampton Inn provides. Whats important the noise level, "no" noise, could not hear others in the room next door. Another concern if you are in the room late morning, you didn't hear the maids bumping and knocking against the walls and beds cleaning. You don’t hear the maids out in the halls talking loudly, they are extremely "helpful and professionally". The beds and pillows was top grade, the pillows was extremely soft. The bed was extremely comfortable and soft. The breakfast was the norm; vary each day for a week, which was great. I can't speak on the taste, I only ate the fruit which I think was canned and okay not the greatest. With all this said, I enjoyed my stayed at this Hampton Inn. If sent on another job in Athens, AL we would stay there again and again. Good hotel, staff, service and rooms. Give this one an A+++ This is my experience at this hotel in Nov. 2011

We are diamond members of Hampton Inn - I have started to write reviews because I have stayed some with less than sub standard customer service, rooms, and service -etc.

Room Tip: Room on either side of the building is good. Just not near the elevator, this may be okay, we never...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Ghawell99
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this review, 19 December 2011
Our associates pride themselves on providing excellent guest service and will be pleased to hear you mentioned them in your review! It will certainly be shared with them. Thank you from all of us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65.