“Good price and clean”

Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We stopped on our way through to Florida. This hotel was chosen over Holiday Inn due to price and cleanliness. The room was huge and beautiful. The only downfall was the ladies in the morning were busy talking instead of assisting us as guests and the hot breakfast items were cold.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel . We will take your comments into consideration concerning breakfast and the front desk. We are happy to know you think we a clean and a good priced hotel. Thank you for your business and for your review.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I found the Hampton Inn in Athens, AL, as well as the one in Muscle Shoals, AL a few months back, to be very clean with VERY friendly, traditionally southern staff. I was not able to eat breakfast while at either hotel, because service ends at 10am, and I needed more rest each morning, following late night bluegrass and blues festival events. I think they should allow breakfast service to be later in the morning on the weekends, especially when there is a major event, such as a festival, in town.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Thank you so much for your nice review of our hotel the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65. We are glad you had a good time and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Excellent stay! Everyone here were very kind and helpful. The room was great, nice and quiet and clean. Very nice furniture and t.v. Price was good for the value of the room we received. The breakfast was very good, we were surprised at the quality of the food. Very good!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65 we always enjoy hearing from our guests! Thank you for posting such a pleasant review and we look forward to your next visit..

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Most of the other hotels had outdoor pools that were closed up already for the season. This was in September and it was warm out. I selected this hotel specifically for the INDOOR Pool. I had never been to a Hampton Hotel before. But I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

 We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the pool during your stay with us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65 and are happy you have been converted to the Hilton brand.
Thank you for your business and your great review.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

We stayed at the Hampton Inn for an overnight prior to heading to Alabama for a Mercedes Tour.
The hotel is really nice...very state of the art in all features. We loved the upscale look to the Lobby and individual rooms. We wish the hotel was on the other side of the highway however as a walk to nearby restaurants after a long day in the car would have been nice. I did put in a request for a top floor or first floor room...and it was not granted. We did get in late...after seven..and the hotel was filled but the reservation had been put in early in the week. All in all this was one of the nicest Hampton Inns we have stayed at and I am pretty true to this chain.

Room Tip: The hotel is set back off the main drag but next to a super busy highway. I would ask for a room not...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

 We always enjoy hearing from our guests and are happy to read you enjoyed our lobby and rooms. Knowing you think we are one of the nicest Hamptons you have stayed in makes it even better. Thank you for your complimentary review of our hotel the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65 and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

To echo the other reviews, this hotel is great. It's updated, the rooms are clean and comfortable, the free coffee & tea in the lobby is great, and so are the cookies they have in the afternoon. The tv has many stations - not limited to 20 or so like many other hotels. I was especially impressed with the free breakfast. They had everything from waffle irons to hard-boiled eggs, fresh fruit to cold cereal, and hot items that were different the two mornings I was there. They also offered to-go breakfast bags which contained bottled water, a muffin, a cereal bar, and an apple. I was impressed with everything, including the friendly staff. If I return to Athens, I will definitely stay here again! Two things I would recommend are brighter lighting in the bathroom and offering ice water in the lobby in addition to the coffee. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

 We are delighted to know you had a wonderful time here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65 and are happy to read you were impressed with the complimentary breakfast.
Thank you for your nice review and for your business. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice now, and I love it. Perfect location, friendly staff. We had a four hour drive to Athens, and I called ahead of time to see if I might check in early. The front desk agent was kind enough to call me around 1:30 to let me know my room was ready. Our room was great. We always leave our do not disturb sign up when gone. On our way back to our room on our second evening there, we got fresh towels from the front desk -- when we got to our room, we discovered the room attendant had left fresh towels in a bag outside our door for us! Thank you! So sorry for all those extra towels you found the next morning! We didn't use them all =P

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Thank you for being a return guest here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65. We are happy to read you think so highly of us and look forward to your next visit. Thank you for such and great review and also for your business.