“good stay”

Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This is a fairly new Hampton Inn, easily accessible from I65. We stayed in a Queen Suite, which was very spacious and well appointed. Comfortable beds although I wish that Hampton went back to larger pillows. Good breakfast options. Rather pricey at $169 incl tax. But the staff were the main drawback at this hotel: on check in, I had to ask for the snack and beverage that my Hilton Honors membership entitles me to. And then the receptionist didn't seem too eager to hand it over. I also had to wait FOREVER on the phone to get someone to answer to resolve a noise issue. And the housekeeping staff should be told how annoying it is to have to push their stuff out of the way just to find room to roll a suitcase down a hallway.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

We are glad to read you had a good stay with us and we apologize the the problems you encountered. We will take you comments into consideration at our next meeting. Thank you for your review and we hope to be seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

My husband stayed here for 9 nights in June to visit grandkids, and attend their playoff baseball games.
All the staff were friendly and accommodating. Every room was clean from front desk area to hallways, breakfast room, business office, and his room. Bathrooms were very clean.
Husband had a problem changing channels on t.v. and someone immediately came up and solved the problem.
The pool was sparkling. Management welcomed grandkids to swim in the pool.
Thank you Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

We are happy to read you and you husband had a nice long visit with us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65 and we hope to be seeing you again on your next visit our way. Thank you for such a nice review.

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Stopped here for one night. Staff was helpful with suggesting the Clark family restaurant for dinner. Clean hotel, quiet and safe area, nice indoor pool and good breakfast. Will stop here again when we travel to Alabama.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you for saying our hotel the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65 is clean, quiet and safe. We look forward to your next visit and thank you for such a nice review.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

This is a very clean, nice property with a typically warm and friendly southern staff. Great service and absolutely nothing to complain about.

If sensitive to road noise we recommend a room in the SE quadrant of the building as the hotel is quite close to an Interstate exit

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

We are glad you think highly of our property here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65. Thank you for your nice review and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Right off of the Interstate.. Rooms are very clean and comfortable.. Plenty of places to eat around as well as walmart not too far! Staff are helpful and friendly.. Breakfast is okay.. pool was clean.

• Stayed: May 2014
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

We are glad to read how convenient you found our location here at the hotel the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65. Thank you for such a nice review. We hope to see you again on your next trip our way.

Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

My hubby and I stayed here on the way to Florida and found it to be very convenient to I65 and clean. We would definitely stay there again! Staff was friendly and only downfall was breakfast area was packed in the am (about 8) and free breakfast was pretty much gone and we didn't have time to wait around to see if they restocked.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

We hope next time you will be able to take your time in the morning and enjoy the breakfast. Thank you for such a nice review of our hotel the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65 and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

The Hampton Inns and Suites in Athens Alabama was one of the best hotels I have stayed at for the price! This was an awesome hotel with very spacious suites and a wonderful breakfast every morning. The staff was very thoughtful and curteous and the check in and check out procedure was effortless. I will definitely stay at this wonderful hotel in the future and I will definitely recommend this hotel to all of my friends and family in the future. Thank you Hampton Inns and Suites for such a wonderful stay and a great visit. Sincerely, The Johnsons

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

You are very welcome, and we will be glad to see you on your next visit our way. Thank you for such a nice review of our hotel the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65.