Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65
Sleep Inn(Athens)
Quality Inn(Athens)
Mark Motel(Athens)
View Hotel
All reviewscracker barrelexcellent hotelcookiescomplimentary breakfastoff the highwaygreat place to stayexcellent stayeasy accessrecommend this hotelroom was cleanstay there againthe breakfast areabusiness tripstaff was friendlygulf shoreswafflesking suite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Very pleasant stay after driving 10.5 hours driving that day. Although could have gone on to Nashville, we decided to keep the reservations. Allowed us to rest and visit the Space Museum in Huntsville the next day. The young lady on duty when we arrived that late afternoon was charming, pleasant and helpful. She was a very nice young lady. Very helpful and made out stay pleasant

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

We are happy to read you decided to stay and enjoy our area. Thank you for such a nice review of our hotel the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65. We hope you can return soon.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stayed here during our annual trip to FL. We were a party of 3 this year. My husband, myself and our 12 year old son.
Everything went smoothly, staff was friendly and helpful. Hotel is easy to get to. Easy to find with plenty of options for meals.
Breakfast was FANTASTIC!
There were not any rooms available with two beds so we did reserve the king with the pull out sofa bed. Typically you never know what you will actually get with a sofa bed, but this one was clean and comfortable!
Our room was great-even coming from this critic. Clean, comfortable. The modernized touches were nice 'extras'! Plenty of hook-ups for cell phones and electronics.
Area is very busy with travelers during "high traffic seasons", so I would suggest making reservations. We typically stop around Athens or Cullmen (sp?) and find that we are happy we made previous reservations. The desk staff is always turning away travelers seeking a room without prior reservations. Happy we had ours!!
Very pleased!! A good choice!

Room Tip: We were on the first floor. The only issue we had was that the above noise was a bit much. I try to be tolerant as we have children and as long as the "over head banging" doesn't continue past a normal hour-we can deal with it. However, after waking at 6 a.m. to the same banging noises on the floor/room directly above us...we found out it was due to the fact there was a dance competition...the constant horrible loud banging around wasn't just typical "kid noise" or "walking around noise" but teenage girls flipping around....this made me a little cranky --- mostly not at the hotel---but at the parents and their allowing that type of behavior knowing there are people sleeping below you. Hotel staff, if you know you are full due to issues like dance competitions/gymnastics..wouldn't it be possible to bring that up as guests are checking in?
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

We are glad to read you think our breakfast here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65 is fantastic and are happy you had an enjoyable stay. Your review is appreciated and we hope to see you again on your next trip.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

This hotel was very nice, clean, quiet, and comfortable room. I recommend this hotel. It is located near a major highway in which you could pull over to, to get a good night's rest before moving on to your destination.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

We are glad you found our hotel the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65 quiet and comfortable. Thank you for your nice review and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

This is a fairly new Hampton Inn, easily accessible from I65. We stayed in a Queen Suite, which was very spacious and well appointed. Comfortable beds although I wish that Hampton went back to larger pillows. Good breakfast options. Rather pricey at $169 incl tax. But the staff were the main drawback at this hotel: on check in, I had to ask for the snack and beverage that my Hilton Honors membership entitles me to. And then the receptionist didn't seem too eager to hand it over. I also had to wait FOREVER on the phone to get someone to answer to resolve a noise issue. And the housekeeping staff should be told how annoying it is to have to push their stuff out of the way just to find room to roll a suitcase down a hallway.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

We are glad to read you had a good stay with us and we apologize the the problems you encountered. We will take you comments into consideration at our next meeting. Thank you for your review and we hope to be seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

My husband stayed here for 9 nights in June to visit grandkids, and attend their playoff baseball games.
All the staff were friendly and accommodating. Every room was clean from front desk area to hallways, breakfast room, business office, and his room. Bathrooms were very clean.
Husband had a problem changing channels on t.v. and someone immediately came up and solved the problem.
The pool was sparkling. Management welcomed grandkids to swim in the pool.
Thank you Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

We are happy to read you and you husband had a nice long visit with us here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Athens I-65 and we hope to be seeing you again on your next visit our way. Thank you for such a nice review.