“check it out downtown”

Casa Blanca Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #34 of 95 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Have no eaten at this one on Hwy 72East but the one downtown on the square is fabulous.highly recommend

1  Thank aReview_19

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Love the atmosphere and food at Casa Blanca. There is quite a bit of Mexican food in Athens for it to be such a small town, but in my opinion Casa Blanca has the rest beat. The atmosphere alone is superior and the food is excellent. Prices are great-most meals are under $10 and are hearty portions.

Reviewed 3 May 2013

This place is great when you are too tired to make dinner for the family. It is very reasonably priced, and the kids love the decor.

Reviewed 1 May 2013

Maybe I was expecting too much, but I was really disappointed. Located in a somewhat beat up looking strip mall East of I-65 on the South side of 72 Hwy.(the strip mall faces West), this place always looks busy when I pass by. Our party ordered a variety of dishes including tacos, tostados, tamales, burritos all of which were average at best. Nice looking interior but very low light.

Reviewed 27 April 2013 via mobile

The Valley Planet survey ranks Casa Blanca restaurants 2nd as "Best Mexican," after Rosie's in Huntsville.

This one is on US 72 eastbound, a couple blocks east of I-65. It is in a small shopping center just west of Lindsay Lane.

(It is NOT on Brownsferry Road.)

Our food, value & service were excellent. The lighting over our table was too red, and the music was a little too loud for me.

I'll look forward to trying the new one on Market Street, on the north side of the square.