“Great Location, Great staff”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed 27 March 2012

While not an upper class motel, this hotel is very comfortable. The staff was very friendly and the breakfast was quite filling. Bathroom is a little small

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mwsmithmn
Niraj P, Front Desk at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to express your kind words towards our hotel and staff. We always appreciate any feedback from our guests. We are currently under renovation and hope that you can stay with us in your future stays.

Reviewed 22 March 2012

We have stayed in many hotels lately and this has been the worst. This Sleep Inn is in desperate need for an update. Rooms were dull and shabby. Lobby was dull and shabby. Breakfast area was dull and shabby.

Large vehicle parking was inadequate. Staff was not professional.

Breakfast was not even average. Selection was not desirable.

Location was easily accessible.

• Stayed: March 2012
Niraj P, Front Desk Clerk at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We at Sleep Inn take pride in assuring that our guests are satisfied. We are currently undergoing renovations and would love to have you stop back in when they are finished and hope that your experience is better next time.

Reviewed 17 March 2012

We usually stay at a Residence Inn or Courtyard when we stay in a hotel. We stayed here because we were with a group of 11 families and the nearby hotels were booked.

We stayed only one night. The walls are really thin and we were kept awake by pipe noises and the arguing family next door.

I thought the bed, pillows, linen, and towels were OK. However, one family in our group found a bug on their pillow. The beds were true queen sized beds so two people can sleep on it with ample room.

The breakfast was mediocre. The coffee was weak. Fortunately, there's a Chick-fil-A and Starbucks just down the street.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Niraj P, Front Desk Clerk at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to discuss your disappointment during your stay with us. We enjoy our guests feedback as it helps us to better our hotel. We do apologize for your discomfort during your stay and hope you will consider us in your future travels. I also would like to point out that we are currently going through renovations and hope that you can experience a different view in your future stay.

Reviewed 12 January 2012

Booked this hotel because it was right off I-65 South. We were checked in by a friendly guy but our room was just ok. Was clean but in need of a remodel. We had plenty of restaurants in the immediate vicinity to choose from, which was nice. The breakfast was adequate but the scrambled eggs were green and they offered no yogurts. The parking lot needs better lights as it was dark to unload our vehicle. Security for people and vehicles is an issue.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2011

I stayed here one night on my weekly trip through Alabama. I reserved this hotel because of good prior experience with the Sleep brand. This location, however, left a lot to be desired. I was in room 221 at the end of the hall. It was 28 degrees outside, so i turned on the heater. After a few seconds of various noises, it quit working. The fan worked, but only slightly warm. I decided to take a quick shower to wash off the day, but it took about 5 minutes for the water to get hot. In the morning, no hot water at all, just barely warm. The bed was okay, but the lower end of comfortable. The night staff was really nice, and he went on and on describing thier great breakfast. I found an okay generic selection (but to thier credit, a great auto coffee machine). I had to throw my plate away after finding a hair in the gravy. Overall, not impressed and will not stay again.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else with hot water.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank cah3295
Reviewed 16 November 2011

I've been a visitor to the Athens, AL Sleep Inn since 2005. I have stayed there on almost every trip to Alabama since then. Originally, the hotel was operated by an Indian gentleman from Chicago. He would personally greet his guests, and the property was absolutely spotless. A couple of years ago, this man moved to another hotel, and ever since then, the place hasn't been the same. It is obvious that nobody is paying attention to detail anymore. Each time I stay there, I'm told by the desk clerk "We are under new management"... Well, I have news for you: I have not been impressed with ANY of the "new management" or your hotel, since the gentleman from Chicago left. If internet access is a requirement, forget it. You either won't have it at all, or it will be intermittent. Front desk staff will blame either Charter Cable, or the hotel's equipment. They have it rehearsed. This time, upon check-in, at 11:30PM, I had a room with dirty sheets. That has never, I repeat, NEVER happened at this hotel. The desk clerk gave me a new room. I thought, okay, no problem, I'm settled in, I can check my e-mail. Guess what? No internet, same problem during my last stay. The desk clerk said he had no complaints of the internet not working. The next morning, the lady at the desk said it had been going on for several DAYS, and offered no adjustment to my $71 bill. Congratulations, you lost a regular customer. I put up with the sporadic internet service, and moderate pricing because the place was so clean... since that is no longer a guarantee (dirty sheets) I will take my business elsewhere. Your latest regime of "new management" seems to be "penny-wise, and pound-foolish".

Room Tip: Go somewhere else - Unreliable internet access.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Roger H
Reviewed 17 October 2011

The staff was very nice, the rooms while okay appear to have had a minor face lift recently but are in need of more.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends