“Great stay”

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Athens
TN
“Great stay”
Reviewed 29 June 2008

Normally Sleep Inns aren't on my list of places to stop, but lack of vacancy at the other hotels put me here. I admit I was very impressed. The hotel was very clean, and seemed almost new. Front desk was nice, and although the room was small it had everything I need. The price was a lot more attractive than some of the other hotels would have been also. I will definitely stop again.

• Stayed June 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
louisville
Reviewed 9 August 2007

My family and I travel through the Athens area 4 or 5 times a year and usually stop at a motel in the area.
Upon arriving at this Sleep Inn we were charged for our rooms and thought everything was fine, only to find a few weeks later that I had also been charged on my credit card with which I made the reservation. I made the mistake of paying cash and not keeping the reciept. I called the hotel about this and was told they had no record of this transaction but they would review the tape. According to the mananger, Kiran, They can not see me pay the clerk. However, they can see my brother standing right next to me pay with a credit card.
After numerous phone calls and several hours of time tring to resolve this issue I was told they would not refund my money but would comp. a room. When I called to make a reservation I was told they would not comp the room but would be given a discount.
Obvisously The $86.00 is much more important to them than return business

• Liked — breakfast
  • Disliked — management
  • Stayed June 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
4 Thank markhannah
kentucky
Reviewed 11 June 2007

While traveling thru picked this hotel. The staff was very friendly, the room was clean, nothing fancy. Also, had a nice continental breakfast. Also, pet friendly, would stay at again.

Stayed June 2007