“Very good choice”

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Athens
Atlanta
“Very good choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2009

I travel for business combined with pleasure, my wife & 4 year old always come with, we stay in hotels almost every week for 2-4 nights across the SE so we have experienced the good, the bad & the ugly & we are picky within reason (hate dirt, mold & or stench). My 4-year-old takes his shoes & socks off the minute we hit the room and believe me if the carpet is a little dirty we will know within minutes (I have checked out of hotels because his feet were black with dirt). Overall this place is very clean.
Regardless of your reason for visiting the Athens AL, Huntsville area, this hotel is a great choice. The hotel is close to restaurants, just off I65. The hotel is quite. The rooms are decent size, The pool is good (outside) The staff is very friendly & helpful, did I mention the place is very clean. Breakfast is above average with all the usual suspects plus 3 types of eggs, bacon & sausage, they acutely leave the non-perishable available so you can grab a coffee and snack in the evening Great stay!!!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Cincinnati
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2009

The Sleep Inn in Athens has had good reviews, and that is what motivated our choice. The hotel looks new and is clean, and the beds are comfortable. The staff is very nice and helpful. Hotel is a little pricey but should be better than the lower-priced alternatives.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
pbmills
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2009

We received excellent service from the minute we walked in the door. Fraser was at the desk and was very, very accomodating. There were several events in the area so the rooms were limited. Fraser took the time to meet our needs. The hotel was exceptionally clean. Breakfast was excellent. Best scrambled eggs, better than I make! We would highly recommened staying here.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Buford, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2009

We stayed at this motel as an overnight stop on the way to Indiana from Florida. It has easy on/off access to I-65. Several years ago I had a bad experience dealing with this motel but new management has taken over since then and it now offers great service. Darla at the front desk was great! The rooms are clean, the beds comfortable and the free breakfast is actually pretty good. I recommend this motel to anyone traveling on I-65.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Athens, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2008

We stay in Athens 4 or 5 times a year and this hotel is right off the interstate and is our choice every time we travel with our dog. The hotel is clean and safe. There is a free breakfast, the last time we were there, scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, waffles, cereal, etc... There is a small outdoor swimming pool that we have never used. They do not have any exercise equipment but they are in a wide open area that I run in when we are there. You will not go wrong here.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — no exercise room
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2008

Stopped while on my way from Cleveland to New Orleans. Nice clean hotel, friendly, very helpful front staff. Clean warm pool, nice clean room.

This is your typical interstate exit with gas stations, hotels and restaurants. While I don't normally stay at Sleep Inn's, the price was good, the location was easy to find, and the hotel new, clean and safe.

• Liked — new hotel
  • Disliked — public access computer seemed to be filled with viruses
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2008

Normally Sleep Inns aren't on my list of places to stop, but lack of vacancy at the other hotels put me here. I admit I was very impressed. The hotel was very clean, and seemed almost new. Front desk was nice, and although the room was small it had everything I need. The price was a lot more attractive than some of the other hotels would have been also. I will definitely stop again.

• Stayed June 2007, travelled on business