“Its a quick meat and 3 lunch, not for dinner” 3 of 5 bubbles

LuVici's
Ranked #1 of 93 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: http://www.facebook.com/luvicis
“Its a quick meat and 3 lunch, not for dinner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Ive been to luvicis several times, I live in the area, and work within walking distance. I order lunch their regularly and walk and to get it. When I order it to go its fine, but I dont have time to sit and eat in there, the wait can be quite a while. Its good for lunch, and its close which helps. But for dinner, I wont eat there again. Our food was terrible, and so was our service and we paid to much for either to be terrible. I got the prime rib (it was the special that night) it was okay but not near great. My mother got the same and was equally impressed. Our sides were cold and our roll was hard and cold. Just not a good experience for dinner.

2 Thank Lauren C

Athens, Alabama
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not what was expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

We decided to try LuVici's one night for dinner. They were extremely slow and we still waited almost fifteen minutes before our waitress took our order. The food was average my burger was not hot and my fries were soggy... I wouldn't go back.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Nicole H
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
“A true delight.....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I was in Athens last week for a wedding. LuVici's provided the food for the rehearsal dinner. The food was so delicious and well prepared. The presentation was beautiful, the service was exceptional. The surf and turf was flavorful, well connected in flavor, yet maintained each individual taste. I will certainly visit again on my next trip to Athens.

Visited June 2014
4 Thank Marc C
Graysville
“Not quite ....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

On a day trip to the area, we had researched a place for lunch, on TripAdvisor of course. LuVici's seemed like the perfect place, great ratings. When we came into the quaint little town of Athens, we circled the block and found a parking space nearby. We passed an interesting old store and decided to visit it after lunch. When we walked into LuVici's, it was bustling and we saw that the store was connected through an archway. We were seated quickly, given menus and waited. After a while a waitress took our drink order. Again, we waited. She brought our drinks and left again and we waited. After we finally placed our food order, we realized that we had waited more than 40 minutes for our food. The food was tasty but much of it was not hot or even warm. The restaurant was rustic and very clean and well maintained. All in all, it was a much too long wait, food not warm and likely would choose another restaurant if we returned to the area.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank puff99
New Kent, Virginia
“Wonderful Dinner Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

We came from out of state visiting my brother and his wife for the first time in this area. They took us to this place and we had a wonderful time with very good food. I had their special which was Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and it was delicious!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to LuVici's? Share your experiences!