“Clean, ok hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Athens
Meridian, Mississippi
“Clean, ok hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

New Hotel, very clean. The staff was nice. Pool was ok... the sides were really rough and both of my daughters scrapped up their knees on the pool wall.
Breakfast was standard fast fare, but the breakfast help was very nice.
nice room.
Overall nice hotel, good value.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
OmegaHotelGroup, Regional Director at Fairfield Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Thank you for your nice review of our hotel. We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We will definitely share your comments with the hotel team. I hope you will stay with us again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed here last night while on a road trip (solely because it was a good midway pit stop). Although we checked-in at 1 AM the front desk attendant (Eva) was super-friendly & awesome. She even fetched extra pillows for us with a smile! :)

The hotel is new, modern, super-clean & just a stone's throw from I-65.

My wife was especially grateful for the large mirror OUTSIDE of the bathroom so she could 'beautify' without monopolizing the bathroom (seems like an obvious amenity but it's shocking how many hotels don't have this.)

I'd like to 'copy & paste' this hotel everywhere we go!

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lisa G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Thank you so much for the great review. I am so happy that you decided to stay at Fairfield Inn & Suites - Athens and found us to be your "perfect pit stop". It is especially nice to know that you would "like to 'copy & paste' this hotel everywhere we go!"

We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in this area.
Mobile, Alabama, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

Nice hotel. We stayed over on the way from Chicago to Fl. Easy access to the interstate. The bathroom was nice. large shower. Restaurants are within walking distance. Only spent a few hours in the area. It was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Alfreida M
Lisa G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Thank you for your review and for staying with us at Fairfield Inn & Suites, Athens, Alabama on your way from Chicago to Florida. We are so happy that your stay with us was pleasant. We hope the next time you come through our area you will stay with us again.
Watkinsville, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

This is a relatively new hotel.

We got here very early on July 6th as we were travelling from Nashville after the late show at the Grand Ole Opry.

Check in went quickly; and we got to our room with no problem.

You could tell the hotel was pretty new based on the décor and cleanliness.

The room was nothing special.

We did not partake of the breakfast; but did hear some people complaining that food ran out. The area was very presentable and the person working the area appeared to be very personable and engaging with the guests.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lisa G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time review your stay with us at Fairfield Inn & Suites, Athens, Alabama. I am glad you were checked in quickly and you had no problems with your room. We hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in the Athens, Alabama area.
Houston, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights and was overall pleased. Front desk was nice but Mary who worked the breakfast area each morning was an absolute doll. So friendly, helpful, and hard working. Breakfast selection was good, considering it was free. I had a king room, which had two tvs, pull out sleeper in separate living area, microwave and mini fridge. Bathrooms were very nice and I just loved the tile flooring for some reason. The large walk in shower with glass doors was also a nice touch. The washer and dryer downstairs was useful, although seemed to be in high demand. Maybe 2 of each would be a better idea. I didn't use the indoor pool or fitness room, but they looked nice. Lobby had plenty of seating and 2 computers. I loved that there are many restaurants in close vicinity, several being just a walk across the parking lot. My only complaint would be that the elevators are slow. I was on the second floor and it was much quicker to use the stairs. Overall, enjoyed my stay and would return if ever in the area again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TexasGirlie
Lisa G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this review, 15 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel, Fairfield Inn & Suites, Athens, Alabama. It is always nice to know when we are meeting the expectations of our guests. We would love for you to give us an opportunity to host you again on your next trip to Alabama.
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

This hotel was completed in April 2013. I've stayed in 3 rooms and they seem to have been quickly TV in the lobby is always set to CNN. The first morning I was there, the remote was sitting out so I changed the channel. I never saw the remote again in three weeks of staying there. Breakfast starts at 6 but they put it out early for those of us who had to be at work early. My only complaint is that it basically never changed. I also ate the oatmeal and walnuts, so they cut back on the walnuts and oatmeal flavor I preferred. Fresh fruit, besides apples, was in short supply. The rooms were fairly quiet and I always got a good night sleep. Between the Holiday Inn and Fairfield Inn, I'd chose Holiday but this one is Ok.

Room Tip: I always stayed on the fourth floor so I could take the stairs and work off some weight.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
We are pleased to hear you "always got a good night sleep" during your stay with us here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites, Athens, Alabama. Our goal is to provide all of our guests with a variety of breakfast items and to accommodate diverse and healthy food preferences. Thank you for taking the time to post a review.
Lambertville, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

Traveling down to Pensacola Beach, this stop along I-65, was fantastic. The hotel is fairly new and the accommodations were excellent. Beds and linens were comfortable and smelled fresh. I didn't mind putting my head in the pillows. Nice big bathroom, showers with glass doors, much nicer than a shower curtain, which never feels clean. Breakfast was simple, good selection.The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Did not use the pool, but it looked nice. I agree with others reviewers about this place and I always check Tripadvisor before I decide on a place to stay. Their reviews are very helpful!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank anna n
It is nice to read " I didn't mind putting my head in the pillows" at the Fairfield Inn & Suites, Athens, Alabama. Thank you for taking the time to complement our staff and hotel.
Thank you for staying with us and the review.