“New Fairfield Inn Design is MODERN and COOL!!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Athens I-65
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Athens
Peoria, Illinois
“New Fairfield Inn Design is MODERN and COOL!!”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night - checking in on Wednesday, August 13th and checking out the next morning. When I drove up to this hotel I was immediately impressed! I've stayed at DOZENS of Fairfield Inn's all over the country and this one was almost brand new (the front desk staff said about a year and a half old).

There are very few "old" Fairfield Inn and Suites left that HAVE NOT been remodeled. They "old" hotels that have been updated are very "chic" and "fresh". This hotel, however, blows all of the remodeled ones out of the water!!! I felt like I was staying at some posh/expensive hotel.

With Marriott you get world class service, amenities, rooms, etc. The Fairfield Inn and Suites food is pretty consistent all over the country - your bagels, muffins, cereals, yogurt, milk, hard boiled eggs, fresh fruit, oatmeal, coffee, etc. The hot breakfast was eggs and bacon on Thursday morning.

I loved the new rooms! The key pad is cool since you don't have to enter the key into a hole - just put the key up flat up against the pad, it clicks and the door is now unlocked. Once you're inside the lock design is even new. It's the first time I've ever seen the new style of locks! It's the small things in life. :)

For $129.95 plus tax I felt like I got my money worth! I won't be back in Alabama for quite some time, but I stay in this brand and chain of hotels all over the country during my travels. I'm hoping I will find a "new" Fairfield here in the near future.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Tyler H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review of our Fairfield Inn and Suites I -65. I am ecstatic to hear you found everything about that hotel wonderful! We look forward to having you stay with us again, when you do find your way back to our area!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
lower alabama
Reviewed 15 August 2014

This Hotel is new, and up to date. Rooms and public areas are spotlessly clean and well maintained. Breakfast was adequate. Staff was accommodating and very personable. A great value and a great stay for my purposes. I would definitely stay there again in the future.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
We appreciate you taking the time to review our Fairfield Inn and Suites I-65. I am glad that you everything met your expectations. I will make sure to pass along the kind words about the staff to all of them. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future when you are back in the area.
Ohio
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This seems to be a Brand New or nearly New Fairfield Inn, Very Clean and fresh looking, better the average breakfast, Very close to lots of Restaurants, Easy off and back on Expressway, very quite . Staff was friendly

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our Fairfield Inn and Suites I-65. We are a year and half old. I am happy to hear that you found everything to your liking. We always love to hear what our guests think of our property. We look forward to having you stay with us again when ever you are back in the area.
Fayetteville, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This hotel is new, clean, and offers good service. It is easy on the pocketbook and located next to the freeway for easy access. The staff is very friendly and restaurants are close. If you want a great run, just 1/4 mile west is the Swan Creek trail and an easy 5 mile jog awaits- paved and very nice.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Tyler H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time review our Fairfield Inn and Suites I-65. We always look forward to hearing what our guests think of our property. I will make sure to pass along the king words to the staff and we look forward to having you stay with us again when ever you are back in the area!
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

The room was very nice and spacious. The large walk in shower was awesome. The complimentary breakfast was very very good. Also the price compared to others in the area with comparible reviews was cheaper. I would definitely stay again!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of the Fairfield Inn and Suites I-65. I am happy to hear that you found our large walk-in showers awesome and that you found our breakfast to be very good. We look forward to having you back at the Fairfield Inn and Suites I-65 when ever you are back in our area!
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We were lucky the other hotels in the area were sold out because we wouldn't have kept looking and found this gem!
The 2 front desk ladies were so kind and helpful in finding a local place to eat, the rooms were flawless, and the breakfast was delicious.
We were hoping for a high floor but checked in relatively late and were on the second, but still no noise. It was like we were the only people there.

Oh and it looks brand new, too!

Green Features: They had a recycling area by the lobby. Very nice.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review of the Fairfield Inn and Suites I-65. I am very pleased to hear that you found everything about the hotel to your satisfaction. I will share the wonderful comments with the 2 front desk agents that helped you. We look forward to having you stay with us again when ever you are in the area.
Sterling Heights, Michigan
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I was traveling with my family to Florida for vacation, we normally stop in Nashville, TN for the night but everything was booked so we kept driving. The next marriott towards the beach was in Athens, AL so we decided to stop there, luckily they had a few rooms left. The front desk staff was wonderful and the beds were VERY comfortable. The breakfast was spectacular. We may consider this stop to be our new half way point.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Tyler H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Athens I-65, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a wonderful review of our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you found the beds comfortable and the breakfast spectacular! I will make sure to pass along the king words about the staff and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!