“The hotel was perfect, but they will screw you over”

Best Western Athens Inn
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Athens
Creston, NC
“The hotel was perfect, but they will screw you over”
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I stayed there after being booked wrong at another hotel. I had a pet, I forgot to mention it, so I called to the office to fix it with the clerk. He said he would "pretend he didn't hear that" so I assumed it was not a big deal to have my small dog. After a day of being there, I come back and was asked to leave because of my dog. Now the fun part. They charged my card $394.89 when I checked out, when my original cost was suppose to be $250. Then they continued to charge my card over the next 2 days for $141.04, then $172.22. With a grant total of $708.15 for 2 nights in the hotel, the last night being asked to leave and having to sleep in the floor with 3 kids since I lived 8 hours away and had no where else to stay for the night. The manager said some fee's were charged but were going to be placed back on my card. That was 3 days ago, and I have seen more charges come out of my account, and no credit at all. So unless you can let your money just be thrown away. Then don't even bother staying here. Or atleast make sure the staff is not being shady while your there and not doing there job right. Thanks to them, I have no way to pay my bills this month since I ended up giving them $708.15 for 2 nights.. Enjoy your stay.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Fort Wright, Kentucky
Reviewed 14 August 2012

We stayed at this hotel last year. We returned again this year on our way home from Panama City on 8/7. We chose to stay here again because of the location and proximity to restaurants in walking distance. The rooms are also very nice and clean. Only 2 issues: a number of the TV channels came up with blank screens with a message "channel not available." And there was a very squeaky bed. My husband tosses and turns quite a bit, so this was a bit noisy through the night. On our reservation we requested a bottom floor room because our son is autisic and that seemed to be a very quiet room last year. I was greeted so nicely at check-in by the young lady at the front desk. It looked like they were waiting for us because she pulled a set of keys in the envelope that she appeared to have set aside for us for our bottom floor room. Very nice!! Check in took less than a minute! We enjoyed a dinner at Applebee's next door and a comfortable night's sleep. We'll stay here again without a doubt.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Emily_M1102
WESTERN B, Front Office Manager at Best Western Athens Inn, responded to this review, 15 August 2012
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 256-233-4030.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 23 July 2012

We booked two rooms with king-sized beds. Arrived very tired and were treated courteously. The staff applied our AAA discount for us with no problem. The rooms were clean. The beds were comfortable. The showers were clean and worked well. I'd stay here again - a good value.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank busview
WESTERN B, Front Office Manager at Best Western Athens Inn, responded to this review, 25 July 2012

Rushville, Indiana
Reviewed 23 July 2012

My wife and I stopped in for a night traveling from Florida to Indiana. We had a flat tire immediately upon pulling onto the property from metal I had run over in the road in front of the property. GM Slash Patel and the entire staff were the most helpful and congenial people we have ever met on the road. They did every thing from offering to change the tire to letting me borrow a car to check on a new tire at a Goodyear store in town to unhooking and rehooking the trailer I was pulling. We are most thankful and will stay there from now on when we are traveling that route. Cheers to you all! Rick and Alice W.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rick W

Gainesville, Georgia
Reviewed 14 July 2012

I stayed here one night during my weekly trip. This location is right off I-65, with other hotels and plenty of places to eat. The is a gravel lot across the street( behind Hardees) where big rigs can park. The staff was really nice and helpful. I was in room 221, and the a/c was barely working. They immediately moved me to another room after calling, and the a/c there was a little better. The room was nicely appointed, but a little small. The mattress was really thin and worn, really could use replacement. good water pressure. The breakfast was really good, and was busy with lots of guests. The lady working the breakfast area did a great job keeping everything full. Older location, just needs a few upgrades.

Room Tip: pretty quiet for the location.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
, Manager at Best Western Athens Inn, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
Thank you for going online and giving us a review, we will address your issues, and we appreciate your business, hope to see you soon. Thanks GM.
Ogden, Utah
Reviewed 13 July 2012

I got a pretty good rate on my room at this hotel from bestwestern.com. No complaints about my stay. The staff was friendly. The room was clean. And the breakfast was okay.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
, Manager at Best Western Athens Inn, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
We appreciate you going on line and giving us a good review and we appreciate your business, i apologise about the blanket but we were sold out, and they were probably all given out, and we appreciate you working with us, hope to see you soon. Thanks. GM
michigan
Reviewed 12 July 2012

We were traveling all day and it was time to stop and we were looking for a hotel near the TN and AL border. We have a rule about not staying at hotels where you enter your hotel room from the outside. But everything in the area was booked and they had a vacancy so we took it. The room was reasonably priced. We got a room with a king size bed and a sofa sleeper. The room was very clean - a tad dated - but clean and the bed was comfortable and it was quiet. The only down side was we needed to have my teenager sleep on the sofa sleeper and they had sheets but no blankets. With the AC on next to the sofa sleeper she got a little chilled at night. We ended up giving her the blanket off our bed. They had a great continental breakfast in the morning. The room was spacious, clean, comfortable and quiet and we all had a good nights sleep - can't ask for more. We would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
WESTERN B, Front Office Manager at Best Western Athens Inn, responded to this review, 17 August 2012