“Hospitality was wonderful”

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Athens
Northern Alabama
“Hospitality was wonderful”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

All employees at this Best Western are absolutely the best. Rooms were updated and clean. Breakfast was first class. Carpet was so clean, I could walk on it in white socks and no dirt. We have stayed in Athens for the Tennessee Valley Old Time Fiddlers Convention for the past eleven years and the Best Western was the best stay ever.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
WESTERN B, General Manager at Best Western Athens Inn, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property. We hope you had a wonderful time at the convention this year!

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 256-233-4030.

BEST WESTERN Athens Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
lower alabama
Reviewed 6 October 2013

This is my fourth experience at an Athens Al motel. The Best Western seems to be a remodeled motel from the late 70s or early 80s. Overall, the property was clean. I expect a minimum of the following in a motel: Clean...Comfortable...Quiet. This motel met all three of these. Room and bathroom was rather small but felt clean. Even though the room faced the interstate and a parking lot, other was no noticeable outside sounds in the room. Room was freshly painted and appeared to have brand new fixtures and tub in bathroom. Breakfast bar was crowded as motel was sold out. Breakfast was standard fare, nothing special. The pancake machine was cool and pancakes were OK. Entire staff seemed to be attentive to getting rooms ready and keeping up with demands in breakfast area. Front desk staff was polite and cordial. Over all, I would say I had a good experience staying here. I would come back for a return stay. This is much more than I would say for 2 other comparably priced motels nearby. I would say it is a fairly good value for the money. Cost was around $100 for the night for 2 adults ansd a child.

Room Tip: Upstairs room on interstate side was quiet.
1 Thank LowerAlabamaEyore
WESTERN B, General Manager at Best Western Athens Inn, responded to this review, 8 October 2013

Omaha, United States
Reviewed 6 October 2013

This was a pleasant stay for a stop over on the way back to Omaha from Florida. It is a very long drive, so to enjoy a nice clean place with friendly staff and a comfortable bed was such a nice break from the car. Also, the breakfast the next day was awesome! Plenty to eat and the entire family enjoyed it. We look forward to staying at another Best Western again very soon! :)

1 Thank Phillip A

Northport, United States
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We were treated like VIP's at the Best Western Athens on our recent excursion to the Tennessee Valley Old Time Fiddler's Convention. I strongly recommend the Best Western Athens if you are traveling to that area! The staff and management bent over backwards to make sure that our needs were met with quality service and genuine concern! A++ in my book!

1 Thank James H

Williamson, United States
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Excellant staff. Clean room. Great breakfast. Quiet location. Easy access location. A lot of restaurants in the general area. Offered 10% dicount to a nearby restaurant (Aplebees) . It was next door to the motel. Short walking distance from the motel. Good food there.

1 Thank Rita G
WESTERN B, General Manager at Best Western Athens Inn, responded to this review, 4 October 2013

Dothan, Alabama
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Hotel was average but staff were above average. Needs a little updating. Good variety of choices on continental breakfast. Only complaint was carpet in room was really dirty. Everything else was good, including price.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

WESTERN B, General Manager at Best Western Athens Inn, responded to this review, 1 October 2013

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I needed a reasonably priced place to stay for an overnight trip. Was very pleased by what I got for what I paid. Nice, clean room! Friendly, competent staff. Breakfast was good, and restaurants within walking distance for other meals. If you don't need luxury, but need good value for your money, clean room, and good service, this is your place. I am about to book another overnight here.

Room Tip: Liked having room on the side where Applebees was and close to the room where breakfast was served.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
WESTERN B, General Manager at Best Western Athens Inn, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property. Our staff always goes above and beyond to ensure superior customer care!