“Crack Hotel...Dont stay hear your car is cleaner than this place. It should be closed by the health dept.”

Country Hearth Inn Athens
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Sheets had holes in them and had ben sewn back together. TV remotes were taped together. Fixtures falling from the ceiling, stains on the walls, The door didnt close properly, The pool was black. Dust lined the floors all around the furniture totaly gross..... Would love to post pics. Complained to Country Hearth Inn Suites Franchise Office still havent had a reply..DONT STAY HERE.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Michelle H
amitpatel72373, Manager at Country Hearth Inn Athens, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2013

dear guest sorry for the stay but our hotel is safe and clean accomadation we do not rent to guest they are not safe to another hotel guest stay with us . also our hotel is corporate seniors and travel and business guest stay with us once again please give us another chance to serve u again we will provide best and excellent and clean room and quiet room to serve u thank you for staying with country hearth inn athens alabama

Reviewed 2 January 2012

stayed at this inn on Friday Dec 30th, and could not be more disappointed, the room was disgustingly filthy, the bed was terrible, they did not honor their lower advertised rate, and they charged my credit card and would not issue a refund when I wanted to give them cash. I will never stay in a Country Hearth Inn again, In Athens or anywhere!

Room Tip: GO anywhere else, there are many hotels on 72 pick another
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Grace Y
amitpatel72373, Manager at Country Hearth Inn Athens, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2013

dear guest we are sorry for the stay but u had been book reseravation thru the net service they provide u with rack rate of the hotel rates but please call directly hotel to get best and better discounted rates for the guest . also if informed hotel gm which iam i could gladly taken care of u at during check out time but please give another chance to serve u better next time we will give u upgrade room for rack rate of regular room rate . once again thank you for staying with us in past visit stay please give another chance to serve u better next visit stay.

Reviewed 13 October 2011

Stayed there last week ....rate was low and I should have known better. Who ever owns this place now clearly does not put any effort into maintenance. Bath shelf falling off the wall, sink cracked & dirty, stains on towels and bed linens, bad smell, sticking doors and really dirty exterior areas. The so-called breakfast area was pretty sad also. All this I could let pass figuring you get what you pay for, except they charged my credit card for an additional $56.95!!!!! I used the online reservation system and I pre- paid for our stay at check-in where I had a confrontation over the promised rate. Certainly, there should have been no further charges. Didn't use phone or rent movies or anything. Situation is currently in dispute with my credit card company. Beware of this place.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Deb P
Reviewed 2 August 2011

We had stayed at Country Hearth Inns before and had no question when we booked a king, non-smoking room there. I stayed in the car while my husband went to check in and saw that he looked into two rooms before coming back to the car, shaking his head. The first room he didn't step into because the extremely strong smell of cigarette odor literally made him gag. The second room he checked had a musty odor and there were huge holes in the bathroom walls and mold growing every where. I completed the drop down box says "When did you stay here" but in truth we did not stay there. Fortunately another nearby hotel had a vacancy for our overnight stay. I also had problems with the on-line reservation service and then the desk clerk at the hotel gave me the wrong information (that almost cost me $200) when I called to ask about the reservations the system made in error.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Heart-of-Dixie
amitpatel72373, Manager at Country Hearth Inn Athens, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2012

iam sorry for the inconviyance but our hotel rooms are clean comfortable and provide fresh food to guest in the morning and if you had inconyance please give us another chance to serve you as family guest we will take care of best way next visit stay thank you for staying with us please give another chance to serve you better thank again sorry for the past visit stay

Reviewed 31 May 2010

The ads we saw for this motel said the rooms were all remodeled. What a joke! The pink sink from the 70's was stained and cracked. There was a patched hole behind the bathroom door that could have been done better by my 11 year old daughter. There was a very musty smell. Good points were the tub and bed were clean and the rate was good, but if I had it to do over, I would probably keep right on going to another motel.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CoupleFromOhio
Reviewed 2 May 2010

Very friendly and helpful. The night clerk came to my room and got my computer on line for me. He would not accept a tip for helping me. Very unusual level of help.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ED22AUTO

dear guest we are thak you for choosing country hearth inn athens alabama we are giving best as possible service to guest at hotels to stay with us our internet is great and fast and wi fi to provide to all guest for free to use and best service provide and clean room and affordable rate with free hot waffles to serve in the morning for the guest thank you for staying with country hearth inn athens alabama

Reviewed 13 April 2010

Filthy, Disgusting, Smelly, just a few of the words I would use to describe this place! Stopped there on the way back after a day's worth of driving. After 13 hours on the road, we were just looking for somewhere to crash for the night, no frills expected. The room was cheaper than most in the area, and right off I-65, and that is the only thing pleasant to say. Checked in, found dirty washcloth still in the bathroom, obviously smokers were the previous renters, party going on until 4 am in room next door, management did nothing to stop it. Sink had dirt still in it, counter was slowly falling off the wall, stripped the bed because I couldn't be sure the last time they were washed. Took a chance on the sheets because I figured that they were the most likely to have been washed. Hot breakfast was a joke, even the coffee tasted three days old. Stayed at the Quality Inn across the road on the way down, paid a little more, but was definitely worth the extra $.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
5  Thank Ft_Wayne_mom

dear guest we are sorry for the past visit stay but we recently renovated rooms and we had been cleaing shampooed all hotel rooms and we are strive to serve guest to serve also our hotel does serve continantel breakfast with hot waffles also we do not rent to tenageer to hotel only if they traveling with parents also if u informed hotel during stay we could taken care of your problem in your room .please give another chance to serve u better next visit stay thank you for staying with country hearth inn athens alabama