“Mike M”

Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Athens
Ballwin
“Mike M”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This was just an overnight stay on our way to Florida and it was a little dated but clean and bed comfortable. Did not try the breakfast but it looked like normal basic breakfast. It was quiet place as most were family's on their way to the gulf cost! I would stay again at the motel as it was a good place for the night.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank George N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Houston
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We saw the nice big hotel next to it and we were going to stay there, but they had one parking spot left and the guy was crooked in it. We got there like at 1am. The young girl of the father that runs the place was up helping us. I was told there was a full breakfast in the morning. Which that's not true. Froot loops and a waffler iron is not a full breakfast. Save you some time and just go to Crackle Barrell next door. It will save you the time to even think your going to have a full breakfast at this Inn. Also I'd check your room before you stay there. Our A/C broke like at 7am. Then the room smelled of mildew and of cig smoke even though we asked for a non smoking room. I had to sleep with the covers over my head as it smelled so terrible. I should of forced my way into the parking place at the big nice hotel. I will never stay at this dump again. It needs serious updating!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank littlefire
GeneralManager325, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for taking time to write a review regarding your stay with us, unfortunately I think you may have our hotel confused with another hotel in the area that you stayed. We are actually across the highway from Cracker Barrel; we do offer a full free hot breakfast that includes fresh hot waffles, fresh fruit, cold cereal, hot oatmeal and grits, sausage and gravy with fresh biscuits, and scrambled eggs, yogurts, pastries, and muffins. We are Choice owned and do not have family that stay on property that work at the hotel; We do sincerely apologize you weren't able to enjoy your stay and hope that when you are back in there area you happen to choose to stay with us here at THE Quality Inn of Athens, Alabama. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at the hotel, 256-232-0030. Thank you and have a great day!
Louisville
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I just recently stayed at the Quality Inn in Athens, Alabama, just needing a place to stop for the night before traveling on to Gulf Shores. I reserved a king room using my choice hotel points. Very pleasant and helpful man checking us in that evening. Our room was very clean and the bed was so comfortable. The next morning we ate at the free breakfast bar and had some really good gravy and biscuits. Also the waffles were very good. All in all a very pleasant experience and would definitely stay there again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Patricia T
Thank you for taking time to reserve with us, and stay with us! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you when you're back in the area!
Smiths, Alabama
Reviewed 8 May 2014

The hotel was a little better than average. The staff was friendly and helpful and room was clean.
There was some noise from roadway as I stayed on the front side of hotel. I stayed another night on the backside and it was quiet and comfortable.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on the backside
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank garyr776
Thank you for choosing to stay with us! We appreciate you taking time to write a review and look forward to your next visit with us!
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Stayed here on the way home from Florida during Spring Break. It is right off of the interstate. Outside was rather plain and the doors to the rooms were on the outside. Inside was clean and comfortable. It was surprisingly quiet too. Luckily a lot of like families staying there and there was not any loitering or partying. Breakfast was great with hot items and the staff could not have been any friendlier! For the price, it was super!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write an online review with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.
Grand Blanc, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We wanted somewhere to stay that was clean and not to expensive as we are a big family and required two rooms. Having never stayed at a Quality Inn, I depended largely on the reviews to determine our decision to book our stay. For the most part, the reviews we had read were spot on. The check-in process took a while as there was only one person working the desk. It was a nice day, so there were many quest hanging outside of the property. For the most part, you could see the effort that has been put into trying to upgrade as the sinks were nice, bathrooms had crown molding, but with poor workman ship. The beds appeared more modern. However, the chair w/ottoman should have been discarded as it was old, worn and brought the room down as I didn't want my kids to sit on it or put anything on top of it... It was really nasty. In short, the Quality Inn, served it purpose. We had a comfortable sleep and a place to shower.
In moving forward, please advise quest ahead of time of any maintenance required. The maintenance man knocked on our door very early and the front desk had no record of assigning a maintenance person to our room. Nevertheless, we didn't open the door, but later found out that maintenance had indeed been scheduled to replace the smoke detectors. Please do a better job with managing this process as had we been aware of this we wouldn't have been alarmed.
Lastly, I wanted to add that the front desk person that we encountered the next day was a very nice gentleman and went over and beyond to ensure that we had a nice breakfast. I can truly appreciate his hospitality.

1 Thank Dee_u05282
Charlotte, Michigan
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We are not picky travelers. We just want a clean room and bed. We are a family of 7 so we rented two rooms. I found moldy takeout food in the mini fridge in one room. The tv didn't work in the other room. I went to call the front desk to report it--the phone didn't work. Woke up this morning and the other tv isn't working. Everything seemed clean but the lack of attention to these other things made me wonder. The price was cheap so I guess you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: These are all exterior entrance rooms.
1 Thank teachertug