“Christmas trip”
Review of Super 8 Athens

Super 8 Athens
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Athens

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Contrary to previous negative reviews we had a VERY nice room.
I ask to see a room first, dah! The gentleman was very gracious, gave me a key card to a room and I checked it out first. Imagine that concept. We took the room at a VERY reasonable price and a better price than the surrounding hotels, I checked.
Our room was clean, spacious, the TV & remote worked. The bathroom door was on it's hinges, in one piece & closed, it also was clean and large. The coffee pot worked and the bed was reasonably comfortable. The free Wifi operated well and the free breakfast was fine.
All in all a real nice place to stay.
If you want better, stay home.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Athens
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We were just looking for a place to sleep on our journey, so we took a smoking room. The smell was terrible, but that was acceptable, since it was a smoking room. The real bad part was that the bathroom door was not even attached. It had a beat up wood (sliding?) door not attached to the frame that sort of covered up the opening to the bathroom.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Central Florida, Florida
Reviewed 13 April 2014

This is one of the type of hotels I dread, and was very disappointed to see that they still exsist. The fact that when we booked while on the road, we couldn't see the condition of the hotel. Yet, most of the time this isn't an issue. We obtained our room key, one key, not offered two, and a piece of paper about the size of a finger nail with our room number on it. Went up to the room and it stunk of cigarettes so badly, my whole family looked at me with the "We are not sleeping in this room" look. My husband went down to the desk to see if we could get a different room, and they told him I had booked a smoking room. I looked at my booking receipt and no, I had not booked a smoking room. If I smoked, then yes I would have. I looked at my settings with Hotwire and no, it did not say that I preferred smoking rooms. Don't lie. It's not very becoming. They did give us a non smoking room, but it wasn't much better, very musty. Luckily I was able to open the window and let in the fresh air. I also had to clean the coffee maker of coffee grounds and dirt before even thinking of using it. I don't understand why Super 8's started going down hill, but the name is no longer reputable in my eyes.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
HITESH P, Manager at Super 8 Athens, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
I am sorry that you were disappointed with our service. Unfortunately we did received your reservation as smoking room. I have talk to Hotwire about your reservation and they told us that when you reserved room you have not selected non smoking room so it make reservation for smoking room and we suppose to rent room which ever guest reserved, and I hope that nothing wrong we did. You may confirm with Hotwire. Once again, we do apologize for your unpleasant stay.