“What nice people....and a lovely hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Atmore
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Atmore
Atlanta, Georgia
“What nice people....and a lovely hotel”
Reviewed 21 January 2012

One of my best friends recently passed away and I needed to head to Atmore, Alabama for a funeral. I was surprised to see that there was a hotel there because I had always heard my friend talk about how small the town was. I made a few calls to the hotel prior to arrival and everyone was so unbelievably nice and kind. Once I arrived, I realized that they were not just trying to see a hotel room - they have a great business with such a wonderful location across from the Wind Creek Casino. They were honestly as nice and genuine as they had sounded on the phone. The entire front desk staff made a effort to offer their condolences to me and it almost felt like coming home - especially after such a hard day. I can't thank them enough for their kindness and would also like to tell them that their hotel was so nice and comfortable. The bed was perfect, the room was spacious and clean, the WIFI was fast and easy (allowing me to catch up on work) and the breakfast was delicious. They had no control over the rain, but I will say that it stopped long enough for me to get my luggage in the car. If I ever need to travel there again or if anyone I know needs to travel there, I will tell them to visit and to meet Miss Joy and Miss Rainy. What lovely people. Thank you for making a terribly sad day better.

Room Tip: The WIFI is fast, the rooms are very clean and the location is perfect - just off I-65 and across th...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 25 December 2011

Decided to stay at the HIE in Atmore while traveling to the deeper south mainly because of the new Wind Creek Casino across the street and we were impressed with the whole operation. The rooms were clean, tidy, and spacious, the staff was pleasant and helpful. Free shuttle to the Casino if that is your favor. The breakfast was hot and steamy with more than the usual bagels and oatmeal. There were scrambled eggs, biscuits & gravy and two kinds of sausages along with all the normal cinnamon rolls and cereals ... The attendant was pleasant and greeted us with a warm hello and good morning ... At checkout the billing was accurate and the morning staff was just as courteous and the evening staff ... Nice place ...

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Superior_Dave
Atmore, Alabama
Reviewed 26 October 2011

i got to the hotel around 6. First off the frontdesk clerk was very rude, then my reservations was not how i made them. i asked for a double and they assign me to a king. So after i got all that straighten out i goes up to my room soon as i walk in i see that my bed look like the sheets had never been changed, blood was on my pillowcases, hair all in my bathroom floor, and the room look like it hasn't been dusted in months. The breakfast was not good at all it was cold and half done and one of the kitchen lady was very rude. i wasnt stay back at the hoilday inn express if it was the last hotel on this earth. i wouldn't advise my dog to stay there it is so bad

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank Annoymous2
Gastonia, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 October 2011

I can't say enough great things about the staff, accomodations and just the overall experience at this hotel. They went above and beyond to make our stay exceptional. The hotel is very clean, the staff was wonderful and really takes time our of their day to make sure you have all you need. 8 of us were in town from NC for a wedding and had a very late check in. No problem! Switched our rooms to make sure we had plenty of space for our little 2 year old. Made sure we had all we needed. The morning breakfast was great, always enough food for all, and constantly tidying up. Checked with each guest during breakfast to make sure all was good. What a breath of fresh air for such great service! I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Shout out to Michael and Harrison, my "new best friends". KK

Room Tip: 1st floor, easy access through side doors to parking lot and not too far to walk to load and unload...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
texas
Reviewed 10 October 2011

I stopped here for a night on my way to Atlanta. As a single female, I felt it was very safe. The bed was one of the most comfortable that I have ever slept on, so can not imagine the other poster saying it was like sleeping on concrete. The room was spotless. I like the coffees that make individual cups. Feel like that is a more sanitary way of making it.Room was priced what I thought was ok. Staff seemed very nice the few that I had contact with. I would stay here again if I ever pass though this way again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Jasper, Alabama
Reviewed 5 October 2011

I am a travler by trade, i have spent more time in hotels than in my own bed. The crew here is amazing. From the front desk manager Mrs. Joy, to the maintence guys this place always puts a smile on my face when i am staying here. I fully recomend staying here to anyone close to me.

Room Tip: if you like a large room with a good view 317 is nice. but you hear the "ding" from the el...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 September 2011

I had a wonderful stay here in Atmore. The facility was very modern and clean. Everyone at the front desk was extremely nice and helpful as well. Plus if your in a gambling mood, there is a casino just down the road.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atmore
Hampton Inn Atmore
Log Cabin Inn
Log Cabin Inn
#1 of 2 in Bay Minette
Wind Creek Casino & Hotel, Atmore

Been to Holiday Inn Express Atmore? Share your experiences!