“This is not a Days Inn or a Quality Inn.”
Review of Oak Leaf Inn

Oak Leaf Inn
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Atmore
Guntersville, Alabama
“This is not a Days Inn or a Quality Inn.”
Reviewed 17 December 2012

I have stayed at this motel for 3 days for 5 years, always at the same time of year. I have seen this motel go down-hill but my last stay will be the last. They have a Quality sign, they answer the phone as a Quality Inn but one cannot obtain Choice Privilege points because they are not a Quality Inn. One wall had no electricity until the 2nd night (desk had no access to breaker panel); the 2 of us were so tired we let it go by the 1st night. The wall only got fixed (a tripped breaker) after I complained the 2nd night. The smoke detector was missing and the wires hanging out of hole in ceiling. No bath mats. Sheets did not fit bed. No tub mat (there was no drain plug). Tub was so slick it was hard to stand up. TV quit the 3rd night and could not be fixed. Worse stay of my life!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!
Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank lowreyhesse

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Lewisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 November 2012

The name on the internet says Days Inn but it is now Quality Inn. It was dirty! The room smelled bad. There were dead bugs in the light coverings in the room. They don't have a snack machine so I had to drive to a convenience store at 11 pm to get a bag of chips because nothing else is open at this time of the night in that town but the casino. Woke up in the morning to discover there weren't in the room. Went to front desk at 6 am and got towels. The girl at the front desk said that they had been busy over the weekend and no had bothered to put towels in the room. So I would say not worth the money. I have stayed in cheaper motels that were a lot cleaner. The king sized bed was wore out. I woke up hurting all over. Did try there breakfast. The room was dirty enough I didn't want there food.Stayed there the night of 11/25/12.

Room Tip: Try to pass this motel buy if at all possible. Not worth the money!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank LaJeana C
Cincinnati
Reviewed 20 October 2012

I stayed at the now, Quality Inn, for business two weeks ago. The young lady at reception, that started her first day, that day, was the only highlight. We had six rooms for our group and we all had to move multiple times, to find a level of filth, that was barely acceptable. Luckily we work fifteen hour days and only sleep there. We were driving twenty miles each way to work and believe it or not this was the only Bargain at $414.00 a week. The manager, matter of factly told us to go ahead, shop around ,we're the cheapest. If stained sheets, cigarette burns, mold smell, filth on the doors, walls and your feet turning black walking on the carpet is "Quality Inns" Standards, Run Away! I washed All of my clothes, even the dry cleaned ones, when I got home from this dive. Keep Driving!

Room Tip: Find another place to stay in.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank RoadDogCincinnati
Reviewed 3 July 2012 via mobile

Warning this is not a days inn hotel. It has no name right now. Kinda scary.... when checking inn they say they are becoming a Quality Inn. I hope they get denied. Need more lighting outside very very dark. Needs new sheets. No fitted sheets. Carpet is dirty. This hotel could be a nice hotel. Needs new management and owners. $70.00 not worth $50.00 a night. Pool has no water. Would recomemd paying $10.00 - $25.00 more and staying near casino in any of those hotels.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank cbpilotcars
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Dirty and unsafe. Our family had to switch rooms several times to find one with working A/C or with a door that would close. Doors had been kicked in, were hanging off of the hinges and would not close properly. In the room we finally ended up in we found dirty sheets and towels, tufts of hair on the bathroom floor, a missing doorknob to the bathroom (just a big hole left - not exactly private) and roaches. Disgusting. We switched hotels at 1 am (they would not give us a refund) after stepping on a roach and reading several reports of bedbugs. Given all that we saw, the likelihood of our bed containing bedbugs seemed HIGHLY likely. Do not stay here.

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank RCardella
Atmore, Alabama
Reviewed 29 June 2012

I went to Atmore for a funeral I called and booked my room after all my inlaws booked theirs here out of 5 rooms none of us had a decent room, my brother in law had to move rooms 4 times and by midnight he ended up leaving and going to the Hampton Inn. it is a very nasty unsafe hotel. air condition does not work properly, bugs on sheets, roaches on carpet, our A/C leaked on the carpet all night told the front desk no reponse...
STAY AT YOUR OWN RISK, CAUSE THEY DO NOT CARE!!!!!

Room Tip: just don't go !!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank lberrypatch
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I would not stay here again. I travel with a service dog. Charged a $100 deposit for him upon checking in. Said I would recieve it back at the end of my stay as long as my dog didnt tear anything up. Upon checking out they would not return my deposit & wouldnt even go look at the room to ensure there was no damage. They would not clean my room at all, I stayed 2 weeks, said it was due to my dog & I had to go to the desk to get towels everyday. The lady at the desk always said they didnt have any clean towels so after 2 days I just went to the store and bought my own. A/C quit working after two days & had to move to a new room. Also the door lock on the new room was broken, had to wait till next day for maintance to fix it. Only positive was the bath tube was the size of a small swimming pool. There is a very nice Holiday Inn about 7 miles down the road. Next trip that is where I will stay.

Room Tip: Room 215 was very large and has a wonderful bathtub
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Loknlvly
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atmore
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atmore
Log Cabin Inn
Log Cabin Inn
#1 of 2 in Bay Minette
Wind Creek Casino & Hotel, Atmore

Been to Oak Leaf Inn? Share your experiences!