“KEEP ON DRIVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Atmore
Gulfport, MS
“KEEP ON DRIVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

This hotel is HORRIBLE!!!!! When we arrived at the hotel, there was a car parked in front of the hotel with some very strange people in it. Instead of running the other way, we decided to go ahead and stay because it was cheaper than any other hotel. When we checked in, the front desk clerk was nice. However after getting into our first room, the ac did not work and the bed spread had a HUGE hole in it. So when we go back and tell the front desk clerk the problems and we want to change rooms, well her attitude changed. The second room we got into was not much better. There were still holes in the comforter, no towels in the room and the remote did not work. SO we decided to go to the pool. WELL the pool had something floating in it that looked like fish food flakes and lots of bugs. We cleaned the pool before we got in. We went to make the pull out bed into a bed for my niece, to our surprise the bed was broke. We had to use the coffee table to hold the bed up so she could sleep on it. But of course it didn't work and she slept in the bed with us. During the night our ac in the room went out(of course). We went down to get breakfast. First the eggs looked like they were plastic and had been there for a couple of days. They had cereal out but you had to ask the front desk clerk for milk. My niece asked for milk and of course according to the front desk clerk, they didn't have any. This is the worse hotel I have EVER stayed in and I will guarantee you that I wont make that mistake ever again. This one stay makes me never want to stay at a Choice hotel again.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MiamiCanesM0m

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Milton, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

Checked in and was very tired so went straight to bed to take an early nap. Bed was dirty and the sheet was rolled up under the top blanket like it was just thrown together. Straighten up the bed and took a nap on top of the blanket. Once we got up went out to eat an early supper and come back and was just going to chill the rest of the day. Their were only one towel and no wash cloths, luckily had some in the van. Paid extra to have a Jacuzzi and looked cleaned until I started running the water and my GOD only knows what was floating in that water. Called the front desk and they had no one there that could clean it, thank GOD for Walgreen's being just down the road where I went to get cleaning stuff. They didn't have another room they could put us in even though there were only four cars there (seven by the next morning that I seen) so I cleaned the tub and shower. once I took a soak went to get on the internet it didn't work and was told it usually doesn't work at the end and they have tried to have it fix but can not find the problem. Then I decided to just watch tv and again that didn't work said it was looking for a signal, called the front desk was told to turn it on and off a few times that should fix it and if not someone was coming in and just let her know I did and never seen anyone! I had already ask for a refund and she said they were not allow to do so and I got the manager phone number to call and maybe I will get someone one day! Wished I would have just stayed in the back of my van!

Room Tip: Anywhere but here!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Beckey B

Travellers are raving about these Atmore hotels

Gun Barrel City, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013 via mobile

Well. What can I say
Positives: good hot water pressure. Location. Quiet
Opportunities: need to be more user friendly for bus. Travelers no iron iron board. Clerk had to go room to room before one was found.
Comfort. Bed not so much.
Decor. Came to rest not admire decor it is 70's style.
I did ask clerk when I arrived
"Are rooms comfortable?" Answer "no"
"Is bed comfortable?"
Answer "nope"
Talk about a dedicated worker. WOW

• Stayed May 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank K9sniffer
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

I'm currently staying in this hotel tonight. The cute young lady at the front desk was very nice and helpful. Room was clean, shower clean, bed is extremely comfortable. Wifi is very fast. I recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Atmore. I'll be reviewing the breakfast tomorrow and I'm sure it will be excellent. Thank you so much quality inn for making my stay so far excellent. I'm proud to be a platinum choice hotel member because of hotels like these.

• Stayed March 2013
4 Thank Jbryant224
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2013

I travel a lot with my work. This had to be one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed at. I have three rooms here and all had something missing. Some had no towels, remotes, pillows ect. Management could care less about the condition of their hotel. I have always been a fan of quality inns because of their cleanliness and value. This is a disgrace to the choice hotel chain.

• Stayed March 2013
4 Thank Bruceawillis
Guntersville, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2012

I have stayed at this motel for 3 days for 5 years, always at the same time of year. I have seen this motel go down-hill but my last stay will be the last. They have a Quality sign, they answer the phone as a Quality Inn but one cannot obtain Choice Privilege points because they are not a Quality Inn. One wall had no electricity until the 2nd night (desk had no access to breaker panel); the 2 of us were so tired we let it go by the 1st night. The wall only got fixed (a tripped breaker) after I complained the 2nd night. The smoke detector was missing and the wires hanging out of hole in ceiling. No bath mats. Sheets did not fit bed. No tub mat (there was no drain plug). Tub was so slick it was hard to stand up. TV quit the 3rd night and could not be fixed. Worse stay of my life!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!
Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank lowreyhesse
Lewisburg, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2012

The name on the internet says Days Inn but it is now Quality Inn. It was dirty! The room smelled bad. There were dead bugs in the light coverings in the room. They don't have a snack machine so I had to drive to a convenience store at 11 pm to get a bag of chips because nothing else is open at this time of the night in that town but the casino. Woke up in the morning to discover there weren't in the room. Went to front desk at 6 am and got towels. The girl at the front desk said that they had been busy over the weekend and no had bothered to put towels in the room. So I would say not worth the money. I have stayed in cheaper motels that were a lot cleaner. The king sized bed was wore out. I woke up hurting all over. Did try there breakfast. The room was dirty enough I didn't want there food.Stayed there the night of 11/25/12.

Room Tip: Try to pass this motel buy if at all possible. Not worth the money!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank LaJeana C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Atmore
Fairfield Inn & Suites Atmore
#2 of 2 in Bay Minette
Log Cabin Inn
Log Cabin Inn
#1 of 2 in Bay Minette

Been to Oak Leaf Inn? Share your experiences!