“Ok Indian cuisine”

Price range: US$5 - US$13
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Bombay Grill serves authentic North,South Indian and Indo-Chinese Food.
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Had dinner at Bombay Grill with the family. The meal was good, nothing extraordinary. We loved the naan and the vegetable balls in spinach were the highlight. The lamb was overcooked a bit but the taste was good. We also tried the tomato soup and it was ok. The staff was very nice and service was good. The restaurant looks like a converted fast food joint and I seem to remember there being something there before. Having had very good Indian food around the world I wasn't overly impressed but it wasn't bad.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I love Indian food, and I cook it at home. It's a very complicated and time-consuming cuisine to prepare. So the absolute authenticity, high quality, and reasonable prices make Bombay Grill a real treasure for Auburn.

Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stopped in Sunday evening. I noticed the menu had changed. A great selection and great taste. Enough food for 2 meals each. We were the only Caucasians there so that should say it all. Mild is no spice but they have chutneys for more heat. I may try medium next time. Kingfisher beer was good and cold.

1  Thank J S
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I recently ate authentic Indian food in Montgomery and LOVED it. I was craving it again a few months later. I saw a very large billboard on S. College about Bombay and thought 'sure, I've been meaning to give that a try'.

Hmmm. No flavor. I kept wondering when I'd taste some of that famous Indian spice people talk about. I finally found it in the mint sauce. The cauliflour fritters were delicious and the food WAS good but let me tell you, it was catered to very simple stomachs. There was NO spice to taste. Just sauce and rice.

The 'LUNCH BUFFET' was also almost $10 PER PERSON! That's a rip-off.

No flavor and high price- I'll grab a 'Tasty-Bite' Indian cuisine selection from Earth Fare for about $4 and taste India in the comfort of my own happy home.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

we had a fantastic meal at a great price. the food eas so tasty and superbly cooked and so much of it. no hesitation in recommending this if you like Indian food.

1  Thank Ian T
JPANNU, Owner at Bombay Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2013

Thank You Ian.We are glad that we were able to make your trip to the restaurant a pleasant one.