“Individual Pizza Slices are Huge” 4 of 5 bubbles

Little Italy Pizzeria
Ranked #8 of 211 Restaurants in Auburn
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Pizza and Italian food in Auburn, Alabama
Alabama
“Individual Pizza Slices are Huge”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

Everyone in our party ordered individual slices of pizza. The slices are huge and come with plenty of toppings. I really liked the sauce. The sauce was a little spicey but not overwhelming.

Visited June 2013

Auburn, Alabama
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Positive Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

I had a positive experience yesterday at Little Italy. Positive-Yes. But I wasn't overwhelmed. But perhaps my expectations were a bit too high. I was motivated to give it a try after reading several positive reviews. In addition, failure at other local Italian restaurants, and little traffic around campus made for the opportunity. Right off the bat I was fortunate enough to find a parking place near the front door. And that I appreciated. Maneuvering around downtown has been a problem for me in the past but this is twice of late I have decided to give it a shot. The food at Little Italy was outstanding. People who enjoy stromboli should give this establishment a try. I suggest the mozzarella cheese and salami because it was a hit with those in our group. Another encouraging aspect of the visit was discovering you can order by the slice. The staff seemed friendly. But they don't have to do too much. I get the idea that Little Italy is a big hit with the college crew. Most of those who were there were either college age or a few years older. My pizza was good and since I wasn't hungry enough to eat three or four slices, being able to order a couple of slices was the real attraction. I was tempted to go with a calzone. The two in my group who tried Stromboli gave it a huge thumbs up. I get the idea that beer sells go very well here. But that seems better suited for later at night. So I ordered a soft drink. And I may be the minority here but I prefer a place that has a server looking after you. There's just something not right about having to re-fill your pop at a machine on the floor. But the people at the cash register were nice and spoke clearly. And our food was prepared in a timely manner. I'm not saying I would never return. I will if it is accessible. The overall experience was good, but others who are younger would probably enjoy this setting more.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Auburn
“Best Pizza in Auburn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

While it may not equal true "Jersey" pizza, Little Italy simply has the best pizza in Auburn! Nice atmosphere & good service. However, parking is a real problem. "Downtown" Auburn has limited parking and there are parking meters almost everywhere. Prices may be a dollar or two higher than some of its competitors, but it's well worth the additional cost.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank 4Galahad
Cullman, Alabama
“Good food, good brew, and family friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

We visited during A-day. It was nice to go somewhere that served by the slice for the kiddos or someone not so hungry. They had several beers on tap and numerous ones in the bottle. The pizza was delicious for my 4 year old, my stromboli was awesome, and my wife's calzone was excellent also. I would definitely recommend.

• Visited April 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great local joint”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013

There are only a few Little Italy's around. Cheap pizza $2 a slice. Don't go on Wednesday nights or after 7 or 8 if you have kids. It is a party scene the later it gets. They are open late if you have the midnight munchies.

Visited March 2013