“Good stay close to AU”

Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Auburn
Jersey Shore
“Good stay close to AU”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Stayed here to move my daughter into Auburn U. The hotel is a 5-10 minute drive, nicely located on the back road (Glenn) into town. The hotel is pretty standard Hilton brand, everything was clean, beds were comfortable. We were in a suite which had a coffee maker, fridge, and microwave. The staff was friendly and willing to assist in any way possible. Breakfast was especially nice, cooked to order, or standard minimal buffet.
I thought this hotel was going to be a bit inconvenient but everything else was sold out, I'm glad I had the opportunity to stay here. I would stay again in a heartbeat, it was very easy for AU and close to lots of restaurants.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Mark F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Auburn/Opelika, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Thank you so much for your comments. We greatly appreciate your business and value your opinions. It's great comments like yours that makes our team feel important and that they are doing their job of making the guest completely satisfied. Once again, Thank you and we do hope to see you again in the very near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Vero Beach, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2013

They botched our reservation and did nothing to compensate. We had reserved a double and when I called to confirm they said I had a king and there were no other rooms available. The individual, Andy, was the rudest person I have ever encountered. I requested a roll-away which was not in the room upon arrival and took several hours to arrive once requested. The air in the room was not working properly which probably accounted for the stale smell, one elevator was broken, staff was rude, fridge in room wasn't working. Overall not a Hilton I would recommend. :(

1 Thank Valerie W
Sorry for the inconvenience and problems that you encountered during your recent stay with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn of Auburn. I have personally addressed all of your issues and hope that the issues addressed are resolved. I do apologize and please note that all issues are being corrected immediately. I do hope that you will give us another chance at making this situation correct.
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Hotel was very peaceful, very clean, and very stay-worthy! The staff is amazing, from the front desk to the maintenance workers! They have beautiful, clean rooms, and they have a beautiful pool, state of the art workout room, and a very simple, clean laundry room along with the bedroom. If I ever find myself in Auburn again, Hilton Graden Inn Auburn/Opelika will get my business!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Mark F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Auburn/Opelika, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Thank you so much for your recent response to the Trip Advisor Survey. We greatly appreciate your business and value your opinions. I will pass along all the great compliments that you gave the staff. We pride ourselves in making each and very guest 100% satisfied. Thanks again and we do hope to see you again here at the Hilton Garden Inn of Auburn.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 6 August 2013

This stay was unique because we wanted to stay in the Hilton Garden Inn, Columbus GA. However due to price and ability, we elected to make the daily drive to Columbus and I must say its worth the drive. First, the Drive, It only took about 45 minutes to get to Columbus, via 2 lane road the entire way with little or no traffic during normal rush hour travel time. Room was well-kept, clean and organized. Check in and out process was a breeze. The hotel is right next to I-85 which is convenient for traveling. You don't hear outside noise in the room. There are also shopping close by including the Tiger Town Shopping Complex that has quite a few Restaurants. Auburn University is about a 10 minute drive from the facility. The pool is outdoors and nice, but due to maintenance issues, the facility shut down its hot tub and filled the tub with concrete with no plans on adding a new hot tub. After a long drive from Atlanta International Airport (about 1.5 to 2 hours drive), the Hilton Garden Inn, with its made to order breakfast, pool, hot tub is to me a mini-embassy suites minus the managers reception. This is the first Hilton Garden Inn that I have been to with out the hot tub. However, for the lack having no hot tub, the Staff was probably one of the best staff's that I have met. I do mean the entire staff. Southern hospitality truly shines at this location.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Mark F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Auburn/Opelika, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Thank you so much for your recent comments regarding your stay with us here at The Hilton Garden Inn of Auburn, We greatly appreciate your business and value your opinions. I am glad that you found the staff to be excellent. It's comments like yours that makes us feel like a complete team. Once again, Thank you and we do hope to see you again in the very near future.
Burke
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I hate to give away this location, because I want to be able to have a room the next time we visit. Every thing from the price, quickest check -in ever, food, room size, friendliness of staff, room cleanliness, to the pool. Excellent!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Mark F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Auburn/Opelika, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding our property here at The Hilton Garden Inn of Auburn. We greatly appreciate your business and value your opinions. From the sound of your comments, it looks like we did our job of making you and happy and that is what makes us feel great about our jobs. Once again, Thank you and we do hope to see you again in the very near future.
Auburn, United States
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This hotel was excellent and made my stay in Auburn a good one. The person at the front desk, Adam was so professional, helpful and friendly. He was always willing to help with any questions that I had. The breakfast was none that I had ever experience. You could have whatever you wanted. They even had made to order omlettes.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Mark F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Auburn/Opelika, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Thank you so much for responding to your Trip Advisor survey regarding your recent stay at The Hilton Garden Inn of Auburn. We greatly appreicate your business and value your opinions. I will be glad to pass on the comments that you made in reference to our front desk Staff. It's comments like yours that make us all feel better in regards to customer service. Once again, Thank you and we do hope to see you in the near future.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Location is good. The hotels itself I would only give 3 stars. It seems to be below your usual HGI properties. I am a Hilton Diamond Member staying in Hilton hotels an average of 300 nights a year.
Overall it's just average and I could only give it 3 stars. The good points are the American grill has good food and service both breakfast and dinner.
However, the rooms could be alot cleaner.
I with say that the Hampton Inn that's just a few exits away is alot nicer and cleaner.

• Stayed January 2013
Mark F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Auburn/Opelika, responded to this review, 14 July 2013
Thank you for responding to Trip Advisor regarding your most recent stay with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn of Auburn. I do apologize for the inconveniences that you encountered while staying with us. It's comments like yours that makes the team work harder to make your next stay a perfect stay. We greatly appreciate your business and value your opinions. Once again, Thank you.