“A fine stay”

Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Auburn
Victoria, Australia
“A fine stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2012

The hotel is huge but the staff were very friendly and welcoming. Most seemed to be students at the university across the road. Our room was perfectly comfortable. The room looked as though it had been refurbished (in a dark wood and plaid style) however the bathroom needed a bit more attention. The fittings were not modern and the bathroom itself was pretty worn. Overall however it was fine and we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
David_Merryman, Manager at The Hotel at Auburn University, responded to this review, 26 October 2012
Dear Darlene1953:

Thank you so much for your recent stay at The Hotel at Auburn University, and for taking a moment to share your feedback regarding your experience.

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and you found the staff to be friendly and welcoming. A large amount of our staff are Hospitality Management students studying at Auburn University, and we truly enjoy training the next generation of hospitality professionals here at the hotel.

I hope you had a safe trip back to Australia, and should your travels bring you back through Alabama we hope to welcome you back to The Hotel at Auburn University.

Executive Assistant Manager - Rooms Division

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Bessemer, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2012

Stayed 1 night here for a New Years/birthday celebration. Staff was very accommodating and friendly. Romaine Scott (Front Office Manager) made the experience like none other. He worked with me via email to make sure the birthday surprise went off without a hitch. I greatly thank him for that. Excellent location, great rooms, good food at Ariccia. Great live jazz music at the adjoining lounge Piccolo. Would definitely stay here again and again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
David_Merryman, Manager at The Hotel at Auburn University, responded to this review, 24 October 2012
Dear rwsmith0911:

Thank you for choosing us for your birthday/New Year's celebration this year, and for sharing your feedback with us.

As countless reviews on Trip Advisor attest, the staff of The Hotel at Auburn University is our greatest asset and what sets us apart from all other hotels in Auburn. We have a wonderful mix of hospitality students and seasoned professionals who make pleasing our guests their daily mission.

Romaine is certainly a superstar and an invaluable asset to the hotel, and I'm very pleased to hear that he made your special occasion an experience like no other! I can assure you that he appreciates your praise and recognition.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to The Hotel at Auburn University should your travels bring you back to Auburn.

Executive Assistant Manger - Rooms Division
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2012 via mobile

Highly recommend this hotel. Don't be put off by the rather bland exterior. Inside, starting in the lobby and extending to include the bedrooms, it is tastefully furnished and conveys the character of an old country inn, but with all modern conveniences, including proper walk-in showers.

Food is very good. Location just across from the very pretty campus and a block from main street.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Ballinora4:

Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to Auburn, and for offering such positive feedback on your experience at The Hotel at Auburn University.

I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed the food and location of the hotel; being on the campus of Auburn University certainly affords us a location that is second to none! We have tried to incorporate our deep ties to the university in the design of our public spaces and guest rooms, using accents of blue and orange and vintage black and white photographs of the University throughout the hotel.

I hope you had a safe journey home to Ireland, and should your travels bring you back to Auburn, we hope to welcome you back to The Hotel at Auburn University.

Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2012

We traveled to Auburn to visit a nephew who is attending school. The hotel is very easy to find, centrally located and convenient to downtown and the campus. The parking lot is huge and secure. The lobby is beautiful and the checkin was efficient and friendly. We paid $112 for a double. The elevators are conveniently located and quick. The hallways are a bit quirky but we found our room all the time being greeted by the housekeeping staff. This has got to be one of the friendliest hotels on earth. The room was adequate but I would not say spacious. The beds were super comfortable with very nice linens and plenty of pillows. The internet was quick, just what you would expect in a university town. The bathroom is overpowered by the huge shower - a little more counter space would be more appreciated. The pod coffee was some of the best hotel coffee I have ever had. My only complaint is they really need to offer a continental breakfast. At this price point and for the quality of the hotel breakfast should be offered.

I also used both the gym and the business center. Both were adequate and easy to access.

If I had to stay in Auburn again I would definitely consider this hotel though I might go elsewhere because of the lack of breakfast.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
David_Merryman, Manager at The Hotel at Auburn University, responded to this review, 4 October 2012
Dear Rockingtraveler:

Thank you for staying with us at The Hotel at Auburn University while visiting your nephew at AU, and for sharing such positive feedback about your experience.

I have always said that the true hallmark of a great hotel is having a well trained, friendly, and guest focused staff; where guest service is genuine and sincere. I truly believe that our amazing team of hospitality professionals and students are second to none, and prove that true Southern hospitality is alive and well in Auburn.

We are offering some amazing packages this fall and winter that offer a 10% discount off of the room rate and includes a food and beverage credit that can be used for room service breakfast, or for any meal in our award winning Ariccia restaurant. On your next visit to Auburn, I certainly encourage you to take a look at some of our packages and see if there is one that would suit your needs; our reservation staff will be happy to assist you in any way.

Thank you again for your stay and for giving us such an excellent review. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Hotel at Auburn University!

Northern Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night en route to Atlanta Airport. The accommodation was clean, and modern and the staff professional. One young mail trainee was particularly helpful when we were checking out (sorry I didn't get his name).
We had dinner in the hotel's Italian restaurant and we can recommend both the food and the customer focussed waiting staff.
All in all, we would be more than happy to return to the hotel if staying in the area in future.

Room Tip: Our high level suite was excellent in all respects.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear JFMNorthernIreland:

Thank you so much for your recent stay and review of The Hotel at Auburn University; I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

So often, I only hear of what we did wrong, instead of what we did right, so it's always refreshing to read such a positive review. I have shared your comments with the staff of the hotel, and I can assure you that they appreciate your praise and recognition.

I hope you had a pleasant flight back to Northern Ireland, and should your journeys bring you back to the US, we would love to see you again!

new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

Great hotel, staff, food, everyone just delightful. We're going back for our niece's graduation in Dec and bringing some other relatives (we're kinda of sad she's graduating cause we won't be visiting again). But for those folks thinking of going to Auburn, this is the best place to stay. Just wonderful.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
David_Merryman, Manager at The Hotel at Auburn University, responded to this review, 19 September 2012
Dear ageNewYork:

Thank you so much for staying with us while your niece was a student at Auburn University, and for offering such a great review of The Hotel at Auburn University.

As a training facility for the next generation of hospitality managers, we are very fortunate to have a fantastic staff of AU students led by seasoned professionals who truly enjoy what they do each and every day.

Even though your niece is graduating in December, I hope that you will find reason to come back to visit our special corner of the world, and enjoy our special Southern hospitality and Auburn Spirit!

East Hampton, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

I stayed here with my daughter for college camp and by myself to see her off to college while she stayed at her dorm. I have stayed in many five star hotels. This hotel is located right on the campus. It has the ambiance that I was looking for. One problem in every hotel that I have stayed in is the heating and cooling system, this one is quiet so I sleep as if I were home. The restaurant is beautiful as well and delicious. The staff are professional, friendly and extremely helpful. The young women and men @ the front desk are the awesome. I went downtown and bought them cupcakes. They were extremely grateful and the next night to my surprise I received room service which I didn't ask for. To my amazement it was the front desk staff sending me a thank you with six chocolate covered strawberries!! I was able to sit outside of the lovely pool area. I would reccomend this hotel 100 percent.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor facing the Auburn University campus. All of the rooms are gorgeous...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Dear LauraH:

Thank you so much for being such a loyal repeat guest of ours, and for taking a moment to write us such a wonderful review.

As you noted, we are lucky to be located right on the campus of Auburn University, and our enviable location is certainly reason enough to stay with us. But I truly believe that it our fantastic staff of Hospitality professionals and AU Hospitality Management students that make the hotel such a special place. We have a wonderful team who make it their mission to go above and beyond for all of our guests, and I'm so happy that you truly appreciate their genuine Southern hospitality; I can assure you all of us really appreciated that you went out of your way to bring us cupcakes as thanks for a job well done.

Thank you again for being part of our Hotel at Auburn University Family; we look forward to welcoming you back over the coming months and years!