“A Great Hotel with Outstanding Service”

The Hotel at Auburn University
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Auburn
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at the Auburn Hotel for a reunion. This hotel is very comfortable and well run. Most of our meals were included in the conference at the hotel and they were all very good, well prepared and 2 times when the meals were not provided, we ate in the restaurant. Both were buffets and while a little expensive, they were very good. We plan on returning to this hotel again and again both for the location and the service.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
David_Merryman, Manager at The Hotel at Auburn University, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Dear jthomas1974:

Thank you so much for being our guest during your recent reunion and for taking a moment to give us such a wonderful review here on Trip Advisor.

I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your meals at the hotel, both in our banquet rooms, as well as in our restaurant. As you know, we have a wonderful staff of Auburn University students, led by seasoned industry professionals, who go the extra mile each and every day, in order to make sure our guests have a memorable stay.

We look forward to seeing you back in Auburn in the future, and can't wait to welcome you back to the hotel!

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Had poor service in hotel restaurant. Waited 50 minutes between salad and entree. Our dinner lasted 3.25 hrs. I know they are students, but if they want a career in hotel mgmt. they need more lessons on service and efficiency. Our food order may not have been sent to the kitchen. Also there was late luggage pickup as front desk thought Hawaii tour group was staying two days, .not one. My room charges almost got charged to our tour director not to me. So disappointed. I cannot recommend this hotel. Mgmt. needs to address issues. There is a disconnection between staff and mgmt. Unfortunately, the customer suffers.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
David_Merryman, Manager at The Hotel at Auburn University, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Dear C H:

Thank you for your recent stay with us, and for taking a moment to offer your honest feedback regarding your stay.

I do apologize for the inconsistent service that your tour group received while dining in Ariccia Trattoria, as well as at the Reception Desk. As you noted, the majority of our staff are students at Auburn University, and are gaining practical experience in the industry to supplement their classroom studies. As the majority of our reviews on Trip Advisor note, our staff is one of our strongest assets; however every now and then even a good staff has some challenges, and when this happens we rely on the feedback from guests such as yourself to learn, train, and make our staff even better.

I do hope that the rest of your tour across the country has been flawless and that you have safe travels back to Hawaii.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

I have stayed at this hotel for several years in a row as part of a conference. Extremely nice hotel. Upon checking in this year there was an issue with the reservation and instead of being changed had been cancelled. The two young ladies at the front desk and the manager handled the issue with professionalism and warmth (a rare combination) and everyone was accommodated. I travel 100+ nights per year and was very impressed in how well they handled the situation. When I called for a late check out a few days later as my presentation was going to overlap check out time, I was greeted by name and my request handled quickly and efficiently. the conference I attended was at the hotel so I met maintenance people in the hall way during the middle of the day when most guests had already left for the day. Every one of them smiled broadly and greeted me. A very nice hotel, but the staff makes this one tops in my book.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Thomas L:

Thank you for being our guest on your annual visits to Auburn, and for taking a moment to offer us such great feedback on your stays.

I do apologize for the mix up in your reservations, but I'm so happy to hear that our staff was able to quickly remedy the situation with warmth and professionalism. We have a fantastic staff of Auburn University students led by a team of hospitality professionals; they genuinely care about AU and the hotel, and they love showing our guests that Southern Hospitality is alive and well in the loveliest village on the plains.

Thank you again for being our guest; we look forward to welcoming you back for next years conference!

Reviewed 17 March 2014

We were here for a wedding. The rooms were clean and the staff was nice. No bellman and the lack of a covered place to unload/load luggage get this property an average rating instead of a very good. With so many weddings here and people bringing in nice clothes and lots of stuff - why not add a few bellmen? And a covered drop off area is badly needed.
The breakfast buffet was delicious but our server wasn't so attentive. The wedding reception was well staffed though and we had a ball!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear LynnJM:

Thank you for being our guest during your visit to Auburn and for taking a moment to give us your feedback regarding your stay.

I do apologize that one of our bellmen was not available to assist you upon arrival, as well as the lack of a covered loading area at the main entrance of the hotel. Several months ago, we began a feasibility study to see if it would be possible to construct a porte-cochere at the main entrance to the hotel which would provide a covered area for entering the hotel. If all goes well, we hope to start construction on this project later in the year, and we are certainly excited about this substantial upgrade to our hotel.

I do hope that if your travels bring you back to Auburn, we have the chance to welcome you back to The Hotel at Auburn University.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Stayed here for a wedding. All the groomsmen had a room together for the wedding, which was good because SkyBar was within walking distance. I enjoyed the hotel so much I ended up getting another room after the wedding with my date. It is definitely not a cheap hotel I believe I paid 200+ for one night, but I enjoyed it and would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Creighton W:

Thank you so much for being our guest during your visit to Auburn and for taking a moment to give us such a positive review here on Trip Advisor.

As so many of our guests have noted, being on the campus of Auburn University makes us a favorite hotel for visitors looking to be in close walking distance to all that Auburn has to offer. I'm so happy to hear that you had a great time and even stayed over an extra day!

Thank you again for being our guest; we look forward to welcoming you back should your travels bring to Auburn once again.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

I stayed here for a conference and found the facilities very nice. The rooms were nice and well cleaned. The hotel has a variety of conference and meeting rooms. The smaller rooms are great for about a dozen people to the ballrooms which can hold a few hundred. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The hotel is centrally located meaning that there are numerous restaurants within easy walking distance. Parking is plentiful and the campus is right across the street. The rooms are a little above the average price but due to the central location the extra cost is worth it.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear GAmicro:

Thank you so much for staying with us on your recent visit to Auburn, and for giving us such an excellent review of your experience.

We like to think that we offer everything a visitor to Auburn could want, from location, to dining, to comfortable rooms. As Auburn University's hotel and conference center, we have a wide variety of conference space, and can accommodate most groups, small or large. It’s always rewarding to receive feedback from our guests that we are doing the right things and have the right facilities for their needs.

Thank you again for being our guest, and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Auburn.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Stayed here recently while visiting our daughter. Great location. Rooms had nice furnishings and were clean. However double bed rooms has only full size beds, not queens, and the mattresses were too soft for our liking. Also, while the bathroom was large, the layout made it difficult for two people to use a the same time. The breakfast buffet was fantastic and worth the price.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear MICHAEL D:

Thank you so much for your kind review of The Hotel at Auburn University and for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor.

As so many of our guests have noted, our location on the AU campus, across the street from iconic Samford Hall gives us a location in Auburn that is second to none. I do apologize that the mattresses were softer than you prefer; we are in the planning stages for a guest room renovation that, among other upgrades, will include all new mattresses in the rooms.

I do hope that your journeys will bring you back to Auburn and that we have a chance to welcome you back to The Hotel at Auburn University.