“This Hotel Has It All”

Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Auburn
Brentwood, Tennessee
“This Hotel Has It All”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We have stayed here many times while my son was at Auburn. The hotel is convenient to the events at Auburn and is within walking distance to everything.on campus. Our recent stay was for graduation. We knew this would be a busy weekend and made the reservation early (The hotel began taking reservations in July, and we were on a waiting list prior to that. The hotel called us to firm up our reservation when the system opened reservations for graduation). The rooms are clean, the staff very friendly, and the hotel is a classic. The rate is high on a special weekend, but then, everything in Auburn is on the special weekends so the free parking and being able to walk to the events puts this hotel right at the top of the best place to stay list. Having the hotel be pet friendly is a plus.

Room Tip: Reserve early for a football or other special weekend.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
David_Merryman, Manager at The Hotel at Auburn University, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear SunflowerGirl_2014:

Thank you for being our guest during the recent Auburn Graduation weekend, and for making us your home in Auburn during your past visits to see your son.

I'm happy to hear that we were able to get your reservation in over this special weekend; as you noted, we do fill up quickly for special events - and we always enjoy giving a special welcome back to those guests that we've come to know over the years.

I do hope that you will continue to visit the loveliest village on the Plains, and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the area.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here touring the university and the location is unrivaled-across from library and walked to tour. The lobby, bar and restaurant were fabulous and looked very renovated. The room was just ok and the bathroom was small -you can tell the rooms have gotten a lot of use. For a tour all in all the best location in town.

Stayed April 2014
Dear CarpeDiem2012:

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Auburn and for taking a moment to offer us your feedback regarding your experience.

I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed our unrivaled location on the campus of Auburn University, and that you also noticed the recent renovations that we have made in our lobby, bar, and restaurant. Currently, we are in the process of finalizing a renovation project for our guestrooms that we have planned for 2015-16. This project will provide a refreshed and updated look to our guestrooms that will complement the updated design of our public areas.

I do hope that if your travels bring you back to Auburn, we have the chance to welcome you back to The Hotel at Auburn University.

Miramar Beach, Florida
Reviewed 11 May 2014

This is a beautiful hotel in the heart of the campus. Rooms and facilities are excellent. The hotel is pet friendly and the staff are professionals. Great southern hospitality! The hotel has restaurants and cozy lounges for meeting up with friends.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Sherry_1063:

Thank you so much for being our guest during your recent trip to Auburn, and for taking a moment to share your experience with us.

Our location on the campus of Auburn University can't be beat, and I'm so pleased to hear that our fantastic staff of students and professionals had the opportunity to show you and your family that southern hospitality is alive and well in Auburn.

I do hope that we have the chance to welcome you back to The Hotel at Auburn University in the future.

Destin, Florida
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I have been staying at this hotel for years, and now that my daughter attends Auburn it has become a home away from home! I feel the southern hospitality from the moment I drive up to the front doors. The staff greets me, and helps me unload my baggage. The lobby is charming, and my room is always clean and comfortable. The location is perfect, in fact, I can park my car and walk to the university or downtown. The Hotel restaurant, Ariccia, has a diverse menu with excellent food and service. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, wether you are staying for business or pleasure. The Auburn Hotel has it all; excellent staff, beautiful rooms, a central location, great food in the restaurant, lounge, and coffee shop, and the rates are reasonable. I enjoy staying in nice places, and this is truly one of my favorites.

Room Tip: I have stayed in rooms in every part of the hotel, and I have never been disappointed.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
David_Merryman, Manager at The Hotel at Auburn University, responded to this review, 3 May 2014
Dear Kimmiepugh1988:

Thank you so much for taking a moment to give us such wonderful feedback on your stays here at The Hotel at Auburn University!

As you know, The Hotel also functions as a living laboratory for our AU students who are pursuing a degree in Hospitality Management, so I love to share reviews such as yours with them, and they truly appreciate your praise.

We like to consider ourselves the front door to Auburn University, as well as a home away from home for countless generations of the AU family. We truly enjoy welcoming all of our guests, especially guests like yourself, who have gotten to know our staff and students over the years, watching them grow in their positions as they progress thru AU.

I truly appreciate your kind words, and for being such a loyal friend and supporter of our hotel; we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at the Auburn Hotel for a reunion. This hotel is very comfortable and well run. Most of our meals were included in the conference at the hotel and they were all very good, well prepared and 2 times when the meals were not provided, we ate in the restaurant. Both were buffets and while a little expensive, they were very good. We plan on returning to this hotel again and again both for the location and the service.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear jthomas1974:

Thank you so much for being our guest during your recent reunion and for taking a moment to give us such a wonderful review here on Trip Advisor.

I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your meals at the hotel, both in our banquet rooms, as well as in our restaurant. As you know, we have a wonderful staff of Auburn University students, led by seasoned industry professionals, who go the extra mile each and every day, in order to make sure our guests have a memorable stay.

We look forward to seeing you back in Auburn in the future, and can't wait to welcome you back to the hotel!

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Had poor service in hotel restaurant. Waited 50 minutes between salad and entree. Our dinner lasted 3.25 hrs. I know they are students, but if they want a career in hotel mgmt. they need more lessons on service and efficiency. Our food order may not have been sent to the kitchen. Also there was late luggage pickup as front desk thought Hawaii tour group was staying two days, .not one. My room charges almost got charged to our tour director not to me. So disappointed. I cannot recommend this hotel. Mgmt. needs to address issues. There is a disconnection between staff and mgmt. Unfortunately, the customer suffers.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
David_Merryman, Manager at The Hotel at Auburn University, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Dear C H:

Thank you for your recent stay with us, and for taking a moment to offer your honest feedback regarding your stay.

I do apologize for the inconsistent service that your tour group received while dining in Ariccia Trattoria, as well as at the Reception Desk. As you noted, the majority of our staff are students at Auburn University, and are gaining practical experience in the industry to supplement their classroom studies. As the majority of our reviews on Trip Advisor note, our staff is one of our strongest assets; however every now and then even a good staff has some challenges, and when this happens we rely on the feedback from guests such as yourself to learn, train, and make our staff even better.

I do hope that the rest of your tour across the country has been flawless and that you have safe travels back to Hawaii.

Newtown, United States
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I have stayed at this hotel for several years in a row as part of a conference. Extremely nice hotel. Upon checking in this year there was an issue with the reservation and instead of being changed had been cancelled. The two young ladies at the front desk and the manager handled the issue with professionalism and warmth (a rare combination) and everyone was accommodated. I travel 100+ nights per year and was very impressed in how well they handled the situation. When I called for a late check out a few days later as my presentation was going to overlap check out time, I was greeted by name and my request handled quickly and efficiently. the conference I attended was at the hotel so I met maintenance people in the hall way during the middle of the day when most guests had already left for the day. Every one of them smiled broadly and greeted me. A very nice hotel, but the staff makes this one tops in my book.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Thomas L:

Thank you for being our guest on your annual visits to Auburn, and for taking a moment to offer us such great feedback on your stays.

I do apologize for the mix up in your reservations, but I'm so happy to hear that our staff was able to quickly remedy the situation with warmth and professionalism. We have a fantastic staff of Auburn University students led by a team of hospitality professionals; they genuinely care about AU and the hotel, and they love showing our guests that Southern Hospitality is alive and well in the loveliest village on the plains.

Thank you again for being our guest; we look forward to welcoming you back for next years conference!