“this was not a good meat” 2 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Auburn, Alabama
“this was not a good meat”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

I went to Zazu on New Years Eve. We started off with cocktails and I ordered a lemon martini. The drinks took awhile and my martini was not cold nor did it have the sugar rim around the glass. We then ordered the tuna appetizer and it was 3 or 4 large chunks of meat, not thin sliced as ahi tuna is supposed to be and it was overdone, not rare. I then ordered the bourbon brined pork and it was overcooked and seasonless. I really did not find one good thing about my meal. I was very disappointed and will not return.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Gulf Shores, Alabama
“Iron Bowl Dinner at Zazu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

Was in Auburn for the Iron bowl and ended up at Zazu after the game. Everywhere was packed and the wait was only twenty minutes so we stayed for dinner. We went to the bar and had a few shots and drinks and decided to just eat at the bar. The bartenders were all in a great mood and were very friendly. Service was good although we had our fried green tomato crostini app given to the wrong person and then returned a minute later. The Bartenders ordered us another one at no charge and so we had two apps. For entrees we had fish tacos and the Cuban sandwich. Both were good, nothing exceptional. The FGT app was the best. The food came out quickly though. There was a band playing as well and people were piling in as we were leaving. Parking is tough at times. Nothing new since I was in school there twenty years ago. But there is a parking garage in the back of the restaurant.

• Visited December 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
“Good beer selection, good food, great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

The Auburn game was away so it was really quiet when we got there. Sat at the bar and enjoyed a few beers. We also got some duck fat fries with smoked aioli which were great. Beer selection was great, lots of good seasonal stuff and local Alabama beers. Bartender was very friendly and put our game on for us.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Just kind of good!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2013 via mobile

The place stinks like a bait shop. They sell fish but it was not a cooked fish smell. The pulled pork nachos are pretty awesome. I had a burger that resembled a hockey puck and was dwarfed by the bun. We also had pork tenderloin which didn't match the great description on the menu. It was bland at best. Did not feel like a fifty dollar meal. First visit and left disappointed.

Norcross, GA
“Loved the Duck Fat fries”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2013

Had to kill a few hours in Auburn waiting for my son. I had a Philly cheesesteak and duck fat fries and It was very good. The servers were friendly. I would return.

• 5 of 5 bubbles