“Great food!”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Zazu's may not have the best atmosphere, but the food is great and they have a nice selection of craft brew on tap. Check it out and sit in the bar area for a more inviting experience.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Dined here with our daughter on Valentine's day. Having been in the restaurant business, we normally don't go out to eat on this day and this experience confirmed our reasoning. They offered a prix fix four course menu with a small number of choices at $50 per person. With tax, tip, and two drinks total, our bill was over $80 per person! The food was OK to good and the portions quite small, certainly not worth the money. Found out after we dined that we could have at in the bar area and chose from the regular menu but we were never told about this option. Friends that have dined there have had a good experience so maybe this was just an isolated incident.

1  Thank MICHAEL D
Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

One of my "go to" places for drinks and food. We thoroughly enjoy sitting at the bar and chatting with the bartenders while devouring one of Chef Hage's delicious specials. I highly recommend a visit.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

I went to Zazu on New Years Eve. We started off with cocktails and I ordered a lemon martini. The drinks took awhile and my martini was not cold nor did it have the sugar rim around the glass. We then ordered the tuna appetizer and it was 3 or 4 large chunks of meat, not thin sliced as ahi tuna is supposed to be and it was overdone, not rare. I then ordered the bourbon brined pork and it was overcooked and seasonless. I really did not find one good thing about my meal. I was very disappointed and will not return.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Was in Auburn for the Iron bowl and ended up at Zazu after the game. Everywhere was packed and the wait was only twenty minutes so we stayed for dinner. We went to the bar and had a few shots and drinks and decided to just eat at the bar. The bartenders were all in a great mood and were very friendly. Service was good although we had our fried green tomato crostini app given to the wrong person and then returned a minute later. The Bartenders ordered us another one at no charge and so we had two apps. For entrees we had fish tacos and the Cuban sandwich. Both were good, nothing exceptional. The FGT app was the best. The food came out quickly though. There was a band playing as well and people were piling in as we were leaving. Parking is tough at times. Nothing new since I was in school there twenty years ago. But there is a parking garage in the back of the restaurant.